Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hazel Made It Through Surgery!

Hazel Made It Through Surgery!

Hazel made it through the surgery!!! She’s in recovery and has been given pain medication and antibiotics. It does appear her other kidney is healthy! The Dr. said when they dissected the bad kidney it was full of fluid and blood, so there may be a chance it will not be cancer. The biopsy will be sent to the lab, so only time will tell. Hazel may be able to come home on Saturday. At least I now know we did do the right thing! Keep up the PT vibes that her biopsy comes back negative for cancer and Hazel will be on the road to recovery. My poor baby, think how she must have been feeling all this time. I want to cry with relief, but know there's still chances news could be dim.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Yeah! We knew you could do it Hazel!

Oh Lisa, I'm so relieved so I can only imagine how you're feeling! Yes, chances are there could still be bad news, but for now she made it through the surgery and she'll be coming home soon!

I'm so happy.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh me too! I've been holding back tears all day and have such a headache! Hazel can do it! Yes she can!! We've got to think positive!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Way to go, Hazel, and best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Whew!!!! A big *sigh* of relief from SC, Lisa. That's one more positive step for Hazel!!!

Keep us posted. That precious girl isn't going to give up easily and I'm glad you aren't either!!!!

Logan

Yahoo! I am so happy for Hazel. I hope she gets better soon.

Oh Lisa, this is such encouraging news for Hazel! Thank you for the update, and prayers still being said on her behalf!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I'm speechless - the power of PT prayers demonstrates itself once again. This is wonderful. I'm so happy!!! Best wishes that her recovery continues, she is negative for cancer, and that she can come home on Saturday - and be 100% better forever!

That is great! She has made it through a big hurdle. Now only positive thoughts and prayers that she will make a 100% recovery.

From Decker with Love

*fingers crossed* Hopefully she will have clear sailing now that they got that bad old kidney out of there.
    Be strong Miss Hazel!

WOW!! Wonderful news!! CCL and I have been on the phone and talking about Hazel - she and I are probably now seeing this GREAT news!!!! ((((HUG))))) Lisa - I am so happy for you - sleep well tonight

I knew all along that it was the right thing to do. And I am glad that is has a positive ending. And don't let the big C word get you down. She'll be fine

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    This is such great news! Thank the Lord that her other kidney isn't damaged. Let's hope the good news continues!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Great news! Im glad her other kidney is ok and it doesnt look like cancer. Go Hazel! More prayers sent her way from here!!

YAY!!!!

Woohoo, Hazel! I am so glad that you made it through your surgery, and that you are still fighting! We all care about you so much, and have been worried sick. I am glad that your meowmie made the right decision, and I am sure she is SO GLAD also. I hope all goes well, that you feel better soon, and come out of this GLEAMING! *fingers crossed on it not being cancer* I am so glad that you are relieved K&L. Thank you for saving precious Hazel's life!Now don't worry, I hope your headache subsides. AND CONGRATS!!! *kiss kiss* for Hazel and *hug hug* for you!

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!