Time changes everything.

Jasper and his new brother Eli, now happily charge back and forth through my bedroom and bath, play attacking, and sometimes rolling in mock fight on my bed. Other times they just touch nose to nose and lie together.

Ah, but in the rest of the house, Jasper mostly ignores Eli, with so much to do and see, following me from room to room. Eli in hot pursuit, batting and charging, trying to get Jasper to play, and Moses, my dog, following along, trying to get his share of attention from Eli.

It's a fun house here lately. My latest feral to tame is coming along really good now. Out of her carrier that she clung to, she is in the big kitty condo with Eli. He is out mostly, except when I'm gone or at night. He's a naughty rascal and sometimes also gets a "time out".

From the moment Calli started to share his condo, they have gotten along. Many times wound together in sleep, other times rattling the condo with their wild play. When wet food time comes for Calli, Eli has to leave or he takes it, so into my room he goes to play with toys he loves.

Calli, after just a few days in the condo, now comes carefully to me, as I place her dish near the door and settle on the floor to interact with her. She now allows me to pet and scratch her from head to tip of her tail, arching her back and purring loudly. When not eating I am not allowed as much contact, but that increases every day. Sometimes she calls to me from the door. Finally her hissing has disappeared. Today after eating a little, I softly picked her up with both hands around her tummy, and lifted her out the door, her soft and relaxed in my grip. She is a mixed up calico, some stripes, and many colors, with a longg tail, and four white sockies on her feet. As I set her down next to me she started to panic, but I shoved her food dish in her face and she settled down right away. She stayed by my side, finishing up her treat, looking at me and accepting me next to her. I was able to lift her into my lap, petting her softly. When she got down she seemed to want to explore the house, but I returned her to the condo. My two dogs were just a couple feet away watching quietly. Another day she can wander, when she's free of cat, dog and granddaughter curiosity. Soon she will be ready for a forever home. Eli will miss her, and I will too. But maybe more wild babies need to learn trust, so I have to let her go.

And the lost black cat I was feeding for over a month, finding the owner almost the same day that he disappeared from my porch and yard. My neighbors and I all feel that the same ones who trapped and dumped my Jasper, thought he was back, and trapped and dumped this friendly and lost new friend of ours. His name was Inky, he has no ID chip, there's no trace of him, and his owner has now moved.

So Jasper is patting and patting my arm, asking to get on my shoulder, to perch as a baby to be burped. I am so lucky to have him back, and to have all my other furbabies, that fill my days with laughter.