Thread: KIWI

KIWI

Oh my gosh, this story about Kiwi made me cry. What a wonderful dog!!! Sherry

i checked out kiwi's web site.. and kiwi certainly is a wonderful dog..it is great to know that these dog are available to help when needed, and that they seem to absolutely love what they are doing......

HI every one it is Kiwi's mom . I just wanted to thank you for your kind words about Kiwi. I tihnk she is rather amazing myself and can't believe I am so lucky that she is mine. We went to a cottage this past weekend and Kiwi spent most of her time swiming but when I went fishing she tried to catch the fish as I was pulling them out of the water. Doesn't she know we were NOT catching cat fish ??!

Bless you Kiwimom..How IS Kiwi? Is she over her illness? Was very concerned. Love, Karen

Originally posted by karen israel:
    Bless you Kiwimom..How IS Kiwi? Is she over her illness? Was very concerned. Love, Karen
    Hi Karen;

Thanks for your thoughts about Kiwi. Kiwi is doing fairly well, her epilepsy is under control for the most part. She has taken retirement with a mixed reaction, she enjoys the rest on the days she is feeling poorly. Kiwi has lost her sight in the left eye. We just finished filming a new tv series called Animal Miracles featureing Kiwi's second life saving act which happend June 3rd 2000. She pulled me out of a chemicle spill and burned her face and paws doing so. Now we are starting filming on another dog show series.....WHEW doens't Kiwi know she is retired! She is doing a lot of public appearences and teaching children about service dogs and dog safety. Her trainee is comeing along nicely at 7 months she is further ahead than any of the service dogs we have trained in the past, I think that is due to Kiwi's involvement in her training. We have put together a foundation in Kiwi honor to train service dogs for children with disabilities. So far we have 7 pups in training. I think now I need ot retire it is hard to keep up with this dog some days. I just thank God every day that she is still with me.
    Lisa