Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Experiment: Day 1 (Livvy & Jonah???)

My Experiment: Day 1 (Livvy & Jonah???)

I'm going to pray REALLY, REALLY hard every day for this to work out. If you'd like, I'd REALLY love your prayers too.

Experiment:
    *See if Jonah & Livvy can get along enough to be roommates (inside and out as weather/time of day permits)

Game Plan:
    *Clean out Livvy's enclosure, making it accessible to both cats, with hiding spots for safety and birds for distraction. (CHECK)

*Shower Livvy with attention so she's calm and content when she first meets Jonah. Clip nails. (CHECK)

*Shower Jonah with attention so he's calm and content when he first meets Livvy (CHECK)

*Sit close by during introductions, make sure no one gets swat at or hurt. (CHECK)

*Sit outside for an hour trial period, in between both cats if any hostility arrises. (CHECK)

What happened:
    Livvy was really interested in Jonah and did complain a bit when Jonah hissed at her. But, she realized he wasn't much of a threat, so she laid down on her bed:

Jonah seemed pretty interested in all the noises outside and immediately knew there was a whole world to stare at under the balcony:

He'd come to me for petting, but then got a bit annoyed (or scared?) at Livvy, so he retreated to a hidey hole:

He stayed there for the entire duration of the "trial period". Livvy got a bit curious of him, and vice versa for him:

But, I led her away so he wouldn't feel he didn't have a safe place to hide.

He did come halfway out for chin skritches:

He went back in his hidey hole, Livvy groomed her nails and shared her bed with me while I read.

When I decided to put him back in his room, I had to pull him out. We got in his room and he almost went for his bed, but wasn't too freaked out because he turned around and flopped for petting. I think about an hour each day might help?

Please pray this works out. I don't want to give that boy up and I'm desperate for a solution for Olivia. I don't want her outside this winter or stuck in the closet alone. (she hates it)
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

It sounds like you have a pretty good battle plan. Before you know it, they'll be best buddies. I'll be praying for Livvy and Jonah.

Thank you Wolfie!

I sure hope so, Tonya. Thanks for the prayers.

Kelly - for day one, I would say it went VERY WELL - don't you think? I really think it sounds promising and I have said a prayer for you and that the plan works out.

I agree with Debbie, sounds like a promising day one. Prayers on the way that it works out. I think Olivia and Jonah would be very happy to have each other.

From Decker with Love

I agree with the others that it seemed like a good first meeting.

I hope and pray that all works out for everyone in the end.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

The introduction went well from the sounds of it. But if I may ask (without getting dirty looks) how is this going to be Olivia's solution?
    So, You wish Jonah to be permanent? Not just a foster I can't imagine why I thought you were sending him to me???

Kelly,

I think you've got a plan, girl!! Just take it one day at a time, or, as my kid always told me while she was recovering from cancer..."Baby steps, Mom, baby steps!!"

Good luck with your plan. I think it's gonna work. Prayers coming from Michigan.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh I think it is a wonderful idea, Kelly and it sounds like it is already off to a very good start! I just said a prayer that all will work out for these two and your precious furry family!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Sounds pretty good for a 1st trial run! They'll be snuggling before you know it! (hopefully!)

Praying that these two will adopt each other soon!!! Keep us posted!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

sounds like quite the game plan Kelly!
    GOOD LUCK!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Gosh, I must be out of the loop! Where did Jonah come from??!! He's gorgeous! (of course, I'm biased....white cats are my favorites LOL )
    I sure hope he and Livvy will do well in the enclosure together. It looks like things are off to a pretty good start though! I'll still send some good vibes your way though!

**hugs**
    Karen

The reason I want Livvy and Jonah to like each other is so that I can bring Livvy into at least our walk-in closet at night and in cool weather/rain and have her happy.

We've tried putting her in the walk-in and she cries and cries and scratches at the door constantly. Anti-anxiety meds work, but I don't want to drug her.

She occasionally cries outside too, about once a week. We go out and visit, but I can tell she just wants us to live out there with her, or to come inside and not be terrorized by the cats.

So, the plan is to have Jonah out with her during the day, when its warm enough, and have them both in the walk-in at night. It'd keep them occupied and happy.

Karen,
    Here's a few links to Ophelia/Jonah:
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...hlight=ophelia

I'll call you tomorrow night

Gotcha!!!

It sounds like a great plan and it also sounds like things went very well for the first meeting. I'm praying that this works out because I know how upset you are about Livvy. Hopefully this will make Livvy and Jonah happy and ease your mind at the same time. Keep us posted!!