Thread: Question about flea stuff!

Question about flea stuff!

I was wondering about flea shots for cats?

I heard that they could be dangerous?? A couple vets down here don't use them, ours do...

Our vet said that there isn't a pill(like sentinal) for cats, and Tigger seems to be alergic to all of the liquid stuff.

Does anyone know anything about shots? And also is there anything else?

If we can't get rid of Tigger's fleas, the dogs monthly sentinal pills are basically a waste of money, please help!

Thanks

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I do not know anything about flea preventative shots. But you could ask your vet about Capstar. It is a pill that kills fleas on your pet. It is safe for cats. If I were you, I would look into it.

Is Capstar avail. in Canada?

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I've never heard of Capstar avail, but personally I think Advantage flea control is the best. Here is the web site.

http://www.nofleas.com/

I have no idea what to tell you since he is allergic to the liquids. We use Frontline. I hope you find a solution soon.

Originally posted by ActionCat007
    I've never heard of Capstar avail, but personally I think Advantage flea control is the best. Here is the web site.

http://www.nofleas.com/
    Is that liquid stuff?

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Originally posted by DogLover9501
    Is that liquid stuff?
    Capstar is a tablet that can be given daily if needed. I typed Capstar into the search engine and came up with lots of websites selling it. Here's one...http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bi...m%2Findex.html
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Read about capstar here

Then if you decide to try it, you can search for a place to buy it from. BUT if your cat is alergic to flea products I would REALLY consult your vet first.

Advantage is a spot treatment you put on the napes of their necks, and it kills all the fleas on them and in the places where they sleep.

Frontline is similar, but I tried this the last time, and wasn't happy with it. It didn't kill as many fleas, and didn't last as long. I'm going back to advantage next chance I get.

It lasts 30 days, and I adore it. No pills, nothing internal, and it works like a charm. You'll find dead fleas in their sleeping places the next day.

I also use advantage and it works very well. I think the shot you're referring to is called Program and it lasts for 6 months. It sterilizes the fleas so that they can't reproduce. Your cat can still have fleas because I don't think that it kills them. I've never heard that it was dangerous. Good luck.

My vet recommended johnson n johnson baby shampoo to kill fleas on puppies I had once that were too young to use regular flea shampoo on. Also sprinkling garlic on their food helps keep off fleas. I havent used anything but the garlic on my animals in the last three yrs and haven't had a single flea as of this day. Don't put too much garlic in their food though, because it can cause them to have thin blood which is dangerous if they get cut etc. It also can upset their tummies. So just a sprinkle on their meals is good.

Garlic? How very interesting. I have never heard that before. I might have to look into that.
    We use Advantage here. I've never found anything that worked better for us.

I use the Flea Drop,Revolution,and The Ova Flea Collar,as JJJ3,and Michael,are very Flea Allergic,and break,out,if one lands on them!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

If your cat is allergic to the liquids (Frontline, Advantage), you can try a Program Injection. They last for six months and don't allow the fleas to reproduce on a cat's body. There is risk of seeing one or two fleas from time to time, but they wont be there long.

Capstar is a pill that gets rid of fleas within 24 hours. You have to keep giving the pill anytime the cat is near fleas as its not a preventative like Frontline, Advantage or Program.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...