Thread: Rooster

Rooster

Rooster,

Wow! What a big dog you are! You like quite content in there! You're looking good big guy, keep it up!

A bird is worth a thousand words.

Dear Guardian...I'm so sorry you have lost your beloved Muffy. No one animal can ever replace our Rainbow Furangels. But rather, if we are lucky, we are blessed with the privilege of loving and caring for another precious soul, so unique and so special unto itself; yet none the less adored and cherished. Rooster, you are one sweet, beautiful boy! I love nothing more than to watch my babies sleeping so innocently and peacefully. And your lovely photo, the image of you so contented, clutching your own baby, brings tears to my eyes. No doubt all of those sad, lonely days of your early life are behind you; a distant memory. Now, you live, love, play and dream without a care in the world. Perhaps you are dreaming of chasing one of your rooster buds! What a big, loving forever family you have been blessed with. And I'm sure they would agree that you are the love of their life as well! Congratulations to you big, beautiful, gentle and precious Rooster, our most deserving, extra special, Sunday Dog of the Day!! Rooster, your happy tale is a wonderful testament to the immense gratification of rescue and adoption!! Have a wonderful day celebrating your great honor!

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Rooster, what a cute picture. It is really nice to hear success stories with the animal rescue organizations. It sounds like you & your parents have a "perfect fit". Congratulations on being the Dog of the Day!

I'm so glad you have a good home, Rooster! I would never support the tracks(horses or dogs). I think it's cruel and can't believe innocent animals have to suffer for "humans" entertainment. I hope you enjoy your time now. You certainly deserve it.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I am so glad that Rooster is now in a loving home- and hopefully a bit spoiled after those days racing and being crated.

Congratulations to our Sunday DOTD!
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

Rooster,
    Congrats on finding a Home where you are
    appreciated for the Beautiful Soul that you
    are, and not for how much $$$ you earn for
    your keepers. You Rooster, are most deserving
    on today's honor of DOG OF THE DAY !!!
    Please tell your people how sorry I am for
    their loss of Muffy, who went to Rainbow
    Bridge...
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Rooster, your pic shows why greyhounds make such wonderfully relaxing pets. They just love to be 'couch potatoes'!
    I always thought that greyhounds would be busy, busy, busy dogs...just wanting to run all over the place. But that was when I hadn't met a pet greyhound.
    One called Boofy came to live next door...& his pics would look just like your pic. He was the sweetest, calmest, most affectionate lay-about I've ever met. I put Boofy in my top 10 of the best pet dogs I've ever known.
    So I would agree with your owner that people should consider adopting these wonderful dogs. I've seen greyhounds placed as pets with older people because they are so gentle & calm. And I've seen one that is a pet therapy dog in a
    place for the frail elderly. The greyhound was perfect there...calm, gentle, clean, nice & tall so the people could pat him from their chairs or beds or without stooping too much.
    So Rooster...you're a greyhound...so I wasn't surprised to read that you're a perfect pet. Onya, big fella!

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: Angels3 ]

What a big beautiful boy you are! I bet your mom and dad are proud of you!
    Greyhounds are awesome!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Rooster, what a handsome dude you are, my you look so peaceful sleeping like that.
    Congradulations on being the sweetest, most loved, friendly, handsome, Very Best Dog of the Day.

What a handsome boy you are, Rooster! If I'm not mistaken, there is a smile on your face as you dream away, hugging your babydoll. I agree with everyone else! Greyhounds are awesome I have a friend who rescues them, so I am soooo happy that you found a loving home! Belated congrats on being DOTD!