Thread: frogs?

frogs?

I was wondering if anyone has any type of frogs? They are one of the few pets we can have in our dorms, aside from fish. I wanted to know if anyone has information on what types of frogs there are, what is recommended and care for them? I appreciate any info that anyone would be willing to share!
    Jessica

Thank you so much Kay for this great Sig!!

ahh froggies I love them!I dunno if you can keep them for pets but they are wonderful! I live on a lake an catch them all the time....some are HUGE! Usually I let them go right away but when I was younger I always kept them for like a week, I usually fed them damsel fly or any insect I could catch, I pryed the frogs mouth open and shoved it down his throat! A sin once I think of it now...the things we do when we are younger! Once I caught a really big one and when i picked him up he had little frog legs hanging out his mouth! I then pryed his mouth open for a good reason and rescued the baby frog....it was the WEIRDEST thing ever and I'm still puzzled about it!

I used to have leopard frogs and bullfrogs.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I had a few wild tree frogs for a year once. They r sooo cool.

I think toads r easier to keep, or shallow water frogs.

My personal favorite frogs to keep as pets are White's Tree Frogs (large and very friendly, and they're also really attractive little guys who always seem to be smiling) and Pac-Man or Argentine Horned frogs (QUITE large, not always very friendly, but extremely entertaining and funny-looking.....rather like a hockey puck with eyes and teeth)

If you want any more information on these or other froggies I'd be glad to help you out.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I have a whites tree frog... Hes a cutie fat lil guy....he hides a lot during the day but when he comes out he's breathtaking. I'll get some pics later.. He just loves them crickets

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

If u want a cool frog, get a Bull Frog... hehehehe

They can & will eat ANYTHING that will fit in their mouth. Trust me I tested this out & dang!! my frog ate 3 adut mice!!! & then went after my hands !!!! he was evil, I swear!!! But its funny to put all kinds of things in their tank & watch the frog eat it. All kinds of bugs, spiders, worms, moths, fish, & snakes (who would have thought eh?? They r super easy to care for & as u have noticed its easy to feed them hahahaha

Originally posted by WolfChan
    My personal favorite frogs to keep as pets are White's Tree Frogs

If you want any more information on these or other froggies I'd be glad to help you out.
    I have three Whites tree frogs, I love them, they are definitly my favorite kind of frog, I also have a couple newts, and fire belly toads. They are great and simple pets to have, if you have any questions please pm me or post them here