Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luna's peeing problem getting bad again! :(

Luna's peeing problem getting bad again! :(

Looks like another vet visit will be on our schedule the next days!

Luna has started peeing on the rugs again, in the hall as usual and - what's really bothering me - on a rug on the living room floor!! She did it twice lately, and I don't like it that she's expanding her peeing accidents on other rooms than the hall, because that means that the couch or the new corner seat could be involved, too (she has already ruined a guest bed last year and peed on the couch once).

I know that she's not doing this to annoy me, I guess it's her bladder problems acting up again (struvite crystals, bladder infection and bacteria). Poor girl, looks like she'll never get rid of it!

I will call the vet tomorrow for advice and will try to get a urine sample as soon as possible.

Kirsten

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Poor Luna. It's not easy dealing with UTIs, or pleasant for that matter. Is she on a special diet to prevent future crystals from developing? I know it's hard to get cats to eat special foods (but the others that don't need it tend to love it )...just a thought if she isn't. Hope she clears up fast from this latest set-back.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

She had problems to digest the diet food so I got a paste from the vet (Uri-Pet) which is supposed to keep the pH-value of the bladder in balance (to prevent new crystals) but obviously it's not working...

Need to discuss this with my vet the next days...

Feeding an extra diet would also mean I would have to feed Luna and Lily seperated from each other forever. And this would be hardly possible because Lily never eats her food at once.

Kirsten

Kirsten it sounds like you and I are in the same boat up kitty urine river. I should have packed sandwiches!

Seriously, I'm so sorry and since you read about Ripley's proplem you know I can really relate. Although I'm certain that Ripley is just doing this out of stress from changes. Poor Luna, she's had so many urinary problems, bless her heart. I hope the vet can offer some help for her.

Hang in there and please let us know how Luna is doing.

From Decker with Love

I sorry to hear Luna has problems again. My suggestion was going to be S/D or C/D, but you obviously tried that. It was very hard not to give Fister anything else when he had UTI, but the vet said, "Not even one or two shrimps". Well, as you know, that didn't work. He still eats C/D and likes it. Sometimes I let him have S/D, he prefer those because they contain more fat and probably taste better. There are also another one which you can buy from vets, but I can't remember the name right now. (it's not Prescription!)

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm sorry about that. Filou is not 100% carpet safe (up to now all behavioral, e.g. when my mom's dog was here) and I am glad that it doesn't happen more often.

I hope so much Luna will be better

Sorry you are having problems.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I'm sorry that she's sick again. Poor little girl. Is there any kind of medicine that you can keep her in fulltime so that this problem doesn't recurr once you have it cleared up?

Gosh, I'm sorry about Luna, Kirsten. I bet its really frustrating dealing with this when it returns so often.

Hopefully she'll get better soon. Please give her kisses from me.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Poor Luna, I'm sorry she is having her problems again. Sending lots of healing thoughts to her! I hope it helps.

Kirsten, I sure hope the vet can help Luna NOT get these problems all the time. I feel that there HAS to be an answer somewhere.

As for this....
    Feeding an extra diet would also mean I would have to feed Luna and Lily seperated from each other forever. And this would be hardly possible because Lily never eats her food at once
    She WOULD learn! So if you really wanted to try feeding separately, the cats would adjust and it should take under 5 days and I bet they'd eat at their set time.

Poor Luna and poor Kirsten. It's sad when you know something is wrong with them and it's also hard work trying to keep things cleaned up behind them.
    I hope your vet can maybe give you some final solution to help with the problem.
    Keep us posted on her vet visit!

Poor Luna (and poor Meowmie too). I hope you get some good advice from the vet - please keep us posted.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

That is a terrible thing,as you love your Cat,but if you are rental accomidations,you have to be aware,of your legal responsibilty to the property owner! We are hoping,anf prayingm,that the white Coats,can help!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I just learned something about UTI and giving antibiotics. My vet said they ALWAYS give another full round of the medication AFTER a urine sample comes up clear. Maybe Luna is not being medicated long enough to make the backteria go away for good!

(see, I can learn new things every day)