Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this for real?

Is this for real?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._canada_cat_dc

I really hope this is just some kind of prank.

Unfortunately that is a true story.

That is just sick Isn't it amazing what inhumane people can get away with in the name of "art" or "documentary"? Even though this film didn't show the actual torture of this poor cat, the point is they still did it for fun and there is no reasoning for it.
    If they wanted to express what goes on with food animals, like they stated in this article, why didn't they go to a slaugher house??
    I would like for someone to do that to them for fun, and see how funny it is.

Ok, I'll stop now before I totally go off my soapbox!!

That makes me sick why ..... why would someone do that??
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

oh my goodness, that's sick........

Dis-gus-ting!!! Ugh, some peoples kids....

sick-sick-sick!

Why do we have such sick people in the world? Heartless, cruel, cold S.O.B's! Why do people feel the need to harm animals? What is it in them that makes them get the urge to do this? Why do we have so much animal hate and cruelty??

Poor cat, never had a chance. At least it's safe now in RB, no more hurts, no more pains, no more insensitive HUMAN BEINGS!!

This gets my blood boiling.

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Yes, it's for real.

Sadly though, it's protected by Freedom of Speech laws and whatnot. Here's another tidbit for the day....too bad he wasn't lynched IMO.
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/09/16/ca...ctv/index.html
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

When this first surfaced, a small clip of the actual torture video was played on the news. The poor cat was absolutely terrified, and the boys making the video were laughing, making CRUDE comments, and, in the bit we saw, throwing things and the poor little girl. These stupid boys are THRIVING on the publicity. It was never intended as art, imo. I think they made the sick video because they are sick, and called it a school project to justify it.

This is truly disgusting. He could have taped animals in shelters, in labs being used for testing, etc etc to talk about animal cruelty etc. But they tortured that poor little animal for their own *$&#@%-up minds.

They showed it???

Maybe someone should skin this guy.

Here is a website dedicated to the good side regarding this incident.

http://www.findmatt.org/index.htm

oops.. I also thought the kitty was a female but it wasn't. Sorry.. his name was Kensington.

I love the name Kensington!

documentary

To above question if the skinning is showed. no. However, these 3 guys have been charged with animal cruelty and the film is "interviews" justifying vegetarianism (if anyone can correct me go ahead- they said the film was made to show how cruel it is to kill animals ...). I heard about this story a year and a half ago. Who knew they would turn it into, "Well, we did it to show the world how cruel it is to kill animals" "This is an art documentary blah blah blah.") Show support by not going to the film and by not going to any websites they entertain. A$$es.

As I understand it, the film makers did not hire, nor encourage the cat killers to kill the cats. They simply interviewed them about it. Their aim was to spark outrage about the cat killing.

Those who've seen it in Toronto compare it to a film about Dahmer. No one told Dahmer to kill people, no one wanted Dahmer to kill people, but after he did, people interviewed him about why he did. It didn't glorify killing people, nor did it condone, nor encourage Dahmer to kill. The film makers didn't kill, nor support murder. As I understand it, it's a good comparison.

The film makers may be more like the folks who sneak in to slaughter houses and film cows and chickens being killed for PETA videos.

Would I want to see it? No, not really. But I'd like to know for sure whether the film makers glorify cat torture, or simply interviewed people who DO enjoy killing animals.
    Only that which is the other gives us fully
    unto ourselves.-Sri Yogananda