Thread: Dog owner sentenced to nine months for pets death

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Dog owner sentenced to nine months for pets death

http://www.thechamplainchannel.com/w...28/detail.html

Dog Owner Sentenced To 9 Months In Pet's Death

POSTED: 10:33 am EDT September 8, 2004

EPPING, N.H. -- An Epping man whose pit bull died after being left in a hot car is serving nine months in prison.

Jeffery Brown, 33, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor animal cruelty charge in Exeter District Court.

In June, police responded to a call from people who saw Brown's dog -- named Doc -- inside a car. Doc died before police arrived. A veterinarian examination showed Doc's body temperature was more than 110 degrees Fahrenheit when he died.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

that's just terrible! he gets what he deserved.. but he deserves much more than that.

I agree!

Confined, I agree with you. This "man" deserved much more than a slap on the wrist. How about sentencing HIM to be in a locked car at 110 degrees! That poor dog didn't deserve it.

Poor pup.... at least he has to serve some time...

RIP Sweet Pittie.....
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Another stupid, thoughtless human strikes again! Dammit people THINK!! You see, we (in regards to humans) can talk, we can say it's hot in here, roll down the windows, or even that I don't want to go with you but I'll wait at home, but in case you haven't noticed ANIMALS CANNOT TALK AND TELL YOU WHEN THEY ARE HOT (you can see by some of their actions though, i.e. panting)!!

When you feel hot, think how they must feel with their fur coat on, probably 10x hotter!! Get a thick, heavy furcoat, and go sit in a car that hot, with the windows rolled up, or just rolled down a little bit and tell me how you feel being left alone for a period of time!!

No fun, eh? Well animals don't appreciate it either!!!! GET A CLUE!

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

I wonder if he will actually serve the 9 months or if it will be reduced for good behavior- maybe only serve a couple weeks. You know the jails are so full, they'll push animal abusers out before they'll push drug pushers out etc. Someone has to be at the bottom of the totem pole. not sayin he won't serve full time just saying I would like to know if he does or not- this is public information. I just dont know how to access it. Go to name of town then police files maybe? This is what we should do with all these cases where we hear a sentence but then here nothing else. Ever. Sometimes we hear about a court case and conviction, and the story stops there.

you're right

Leslie, I agree. He will most likely be given the "do you promise not to do it again" routine and not even do the full sentence. Personally, I think he should be dressed in a fur coat and be forced to sit in a 110 degree car to experience what he put that innocent dog through!

i agree with the sentencing 100%. im just glad he plead guilty.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~