Thread: How do I make him Stop??

How do I make him Stop??

Ok, my brother comes home from work around 12:00 in the afternoon for Lunch. He will let the dog's out of there kennel's, which I love BUT my brother will LEAVE them outside until I come home from school around 3:30. I HATE this. It drives me insane! Something could happen! Someone could poison them, they could dig there way out. Not to mention all the bad habits they are picking up from being out there so long!

Last year when I was in school I asked my brother soo many times not to do this, he is starting to do it again this year. I'm so upset. My dog's mean the world to me and I don't think leaving them outside when no one is home is safe.

I also recently announced that the dog's were not supposed to be outside more then a half hour without someone checking on them, even if they just call there names and make sure they are ok. I just am such a worry wart about someone doing something to them, I've heard so many stories about dog's dieing from poison, dog's being lit on fire or dog's being beat because they were outside and someone got them.

My question is : How do I make him Stop?? I told him that I don't want them out, and that if it's to much of a hassle to bring them in, then don't take them out. I told him how much I appreciate what he does, but that he is putting them in danger, and he STILL does it.

Please help me!!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Maybe you could offer to pay him a little bit if he will put the dogs back in? That is really great that he comes home for lunch and the dogs get to go out, so it might be worth a little money? I understand your frusteration and worry. My dogs don't even want to go outside alone, and I'm glad they're like that so I don't have to worry about them.

I can't really think of anything else besides just talking to him and explaining the dangers that could happen while no one is home.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Could they make it all day without being let out when he comes home? If so then tell him not to let them out at all!
    I know it's nice to have them get out in the middle of the day. But it would just be safer to tell him not to even let them out at all!

I'm so sorry.... I wish he understood your feelings about the pups!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Maybe taping a sign to the door to remind him?

I had to do that for my dad, because he lets the dogs out at 12, and he once forgot about them.

Now I just have a sign up there to remind him..."LET DOGS IN"

and he remembers, maybe it will help your brother.

Does he just forget, or does he just figure they will be fine left outside? If he forgets, Amber's or Aly's suggestions are good.. if he just figures they will be fine that's a bit harder. In that case I think I would research/write up a list of all the things that could happen if they are left that long unsupervised, try to explain it is like leaving a toddler to play out in the yard for hours unsupervised.

They could get sick just eating too much grass for instance. Tommy once got into some moldy grass clippings from the compost bin outside, I was doing something and looked up to see him hoovering it down. I got him out of it, but it ended up making him so sick it really wrecked his bowels and he had to spend days at the vet and it gave me a horrible scare. I know others have had some problems just from eating too much grass as well, Sandra's Star had a problem a few weeks ago from that.

I hope you will be able to succeed in this, you probably worry yourself constantly when this is happening.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge