Thread: Ophelia :)

Ophelia :)

First, here's a link trail to who Ophelia is: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=58176

Second...Ophelia is doing much better. I hadn't been over to see her since Thursday night because of work and school. CiCi said she still wasn't eating other than what she was force fed.

Saturday, CiCi put chicken in her mouth and Ophelia chewed it...happily, but waited to have it lovingly placed in her mouth! SUCH a princess already!

CiCi moved Ophelia to the spare room that night after the chicken and she remained under the bed until the wee hours of the morning when CiCi's hubby heard a bit of moving around from the next room. This morning, she was still under the bed, but the litter box had two different deposits.

When I came over to visit, I knealed next to the bed and began talking to her and guess what!?!? She came out!! On her own! And asked to be pet!!! I feel a bit bad, because she didn't do this for CiCi, but its still excellent news!!

I gave her some "junk food" wet food and she even ate a few bites! She then played a bit with a new catnip toy I brought over and then spent the next hour getting pet from CiCi, her hubby and I!

I'm sooooo glad!!! I'm going to take a few pictures tomorrow afternoon and I'll finally post them here. (I fixed my camera)

YAY!!!! I'm soooo happy!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I just read her sad story. Poor baby! I'm SO glad she has ended up with you, and will be getting a fresh start at the life she deserves. Scritchies to Ophelia and (((HUGS))) to you!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I'm glad she came out for you and is doing better. I can't wait to see pictures of her.

Thanks for the update.

From Decker with Love

She sounds like a real sweetie. I hope she continues to come out of her shell and starts to come to CiCi on her own.
    Can't wait for the photos!

Thank you for rescuing this poor, sweet girl. I still can't believe how cruel some people can be - ignoring the basic health care issues of a pet and then abandoning it....

Anyway, I can't wait to see the pictures!! Do you think her teeth are hurting her and that's why she's not eating much? Or could it be stress, or a combination of both? Poor thing. I am sure she'll start coming out of her shell very soon. Sounds like she's starting to already!

Originally posted by lizzielou742
    Do you think her teeth are hurting her and that's why she's not eating much? Or could it be stress, or a combination of both?
    It may be a comination of both. Her teeth aren't broken, just inflammed and dirty. She needs a dental cleaning soon.

I think its mainly stress that's making her not want to eat. Poor thing.

I'll post pictures tonight!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...