Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I'm Loosing Suzie...

Now I'm Loosing Suzie...

As if it couldn't get any worse in the rat department...I am loosing Suzie. She is in HORRIBLE condition internally- externally she doesn't look too bad. She was supposed to have her surgery this morning to remove her tumor, but there is no way she would have made it. She is bleeding from both her vagina and rectum. She is so pale, and cold to the touch, she is so weak she can't even walk without almost killing herself. I can't stand to see her like this, I am going to have her put to sleep.

I sat with her on my bed for a while with her limp head resting on my arm and I petted her and told her how happy I was that I bought her from the pet store and I was thanking her for all the joy she has brought me in her life, and I kept telling her how much I love her, and I apologized for the rabbit- and that she shouldn't be jealous.

This happend so soon, she was not ready at all to leave- when we were at the vets office last week having her examed for the surgery she was as happy as a clam and was her normal zippy self.

I want to know why the #@*! my rats and I are being tortured like this, was it something I did!? I am so $@*!ing sick and tired of my children having to go through this kind of crap- and getting us all excited to have tumors removed, then the day they are supposed to be removed they are too sick and weak.

I feel so terrible, I can't even being to tell you, I feel like there was more I could have done, I tried sooo hard to be the best rattie owner ever and keep my kids safe and healthy- but I guess it was just not meant to be.

I want to sit on the couch and hold her so I can bond with her til the end, but I just can't it is too hard. I can't stand to see her like that, I just want to stab myself so I can feel pain like her.

I wish they could communicate with me so I knew EXACTLY what was going on, so I these things wouldn't happen to late.

Suzie, I am so sorry honey, I love you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry. Please, please, please, please, please, please forgive me!

Ok, I can't talk about this anymore.

LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

O No Laura! I'm so sorry!! ::hugs::

You are NOT a bad rattie mommie, you are one of the BEST out there, HONESTLY. Who takes there ratties to the cabin? And who puts there ratties in there purse just so they can go shopping with her? And who builds them cages? And who gives them treats and kisses on a daily bases? YOU. You are a WONDERfUL mommy, and I know that ALL of your ratties know it.

It's so hard to loose our babies, it tears us up inside. You have had the worst thing happen to you, loosing two of your sweeties, in the worst possible way, only weeks apart. Words can not express the pain you are feeling, I know. I have lost 2 ratties and am currently watching Tundra and Brook go down hill slowly.

I wish you both comfort in this hard time.

May she pass quickly onto the birdge, the poor sweet baby girl, she had the best life possible.
    Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Laura, I'm so very sorry. You and Suzie will be in my prayers.

I'm very sorry, I will be praying for you and Susie... I know they're aren't many words to make you feel better, but if I was an animal I would want a mother like you

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that Laura. You're the best mommy a rattie could ever ask for, don't ever think otherwise.

I am so sorry Laura.
    You are the best Rattie momma.
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Laura I'm so sorry to hear about Suzie. Please know that you have done nothing wrong at all. You are an amazing rat mommy.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Oh Laura I'm so, so sorry to hear about Suzie. It tore my heart out, reading your anquished words. Laura, you're the BEST rattie mom on earth. Suzie and all of your babies know that. You and your babies have sufferend some very difficult times recently and I pray that things will take a turn for the better, very, very soon. . Please know that all of your friends here on Pet Talk are thinking of you and the furkids and keeping you in our prayers. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I'm so sorry to hear about your Suzie. It sounds to me like you are pretty good rattie mom. You've done everything possible to help them. Prayers coming from the pups and I for you and Suzie.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Suzie!
    She and you will both be in my prayers.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry about Suzie, it is just terrible to loose a beloved pet, hugs coming your way {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

I am so sorry to hear about Suzie.
    Your a good mommy and never think different.

Sending so many good thoughts your way.

(((hugs)))
    Karen

----<---<--<{(@

It's one of the drawbacks to having rats, isn't it? Having just lost my rattie, I can definatly be empathetic...Yet you've lost more rats than I have, so you must feel ten times worse than me. I am sorry about Suzie.

Laura, you don't deserve to be going through this kind of pain. You are a great mom to your rats and all of your other pets. I hope Suzie just goes as painlessly as possible.

We're all here for you!

{{HUGS}}

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

I hate that this is happening to you, Laura. You are such a diligent and careful rattie Mom. This is NOT your fault! I hate to see you blaming yourself. I am so sorry you have to go through this pain yet again. Please know that I am ALWAYS here to talk!

Take care, friend. {{{HUGS}}}
    I will be praying for sweet Suzie. She is such a special girl.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*