Thread: A dog with the longest

A dog with the longest

EARS!!

Dog has ears insured for £30,000

A German basset hound with the longest dog ears in the world, has had them insured for £30,000.

Jack, owned by Carsten Baus, has ears that measure a total of 13.07 inches.

Baus and his family realised Jack might be a record-breaker when they read an article saying the longest dog's ears in the world measured 11.6 inches.

"We measured Jack's ears just for fun and we were utterly surprised," said Baus. "We sent the information to a local paper and soon received a call from an employee at the Guinness Book of World Records."

Baus said Jack soon became the talk of their small town, but not all responses were favourable.

"All of a sudden taking him for walkies was like walking the gauntlet," said Baus. "People scolded us and accused us of cruelty to animals, when Jack's ears are really just a freak of nature."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

If Jack became the talk of the town, he sure heard every word being said about him.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 09-07-2004 at 12:46 PM.

I think I have seen that dog,, and he is truly the cutest!!!!!

I recall watching The PEt Pschyic show and there was this dog who seemed upset all the time,,, turns out he was upset over the fuss his parents made over the size of his ears,,, As soon as they stopped,,,, he became his happy bouncy self!!!!! how cute is that??

After reading that article in the news paper a friend and i got out the meausuring tape and measured Emma the Bassets (Friends lovely old girl) ears they were a measly 20cm long compared to the record breaking Basset.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

lol Misty is sensitive over the size of her ears lol people always used to bug her and laugh at her over the size of her ears, she now carries her ears partally folded when in public, it makes them look smaller lol and she has not had any comments about them since
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Awww Misty sweetheart i love your ears, dont be embarrased about them.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

That's cool!
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

Originally posted by cali
    lol Misty is sensitive over the size of her ears lol people always used to bug her and laugh at her over the size of her ears, she now carries her ears partally folded when in public, it makes them look smaller lol and she has not had any comments about them since
    awwwww,, you should tell her over and over how pretty her ears are,, make a big fuss over her,,,, she should wear them straight up and PROUD!!!!!!