Thread: Visit Orlando NOW - What?

Visit Orlando NOW - What?

Got this as an e-mail today. I had to laugh but it really isn't funny. Praying for all you Floridians.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

thats not funny, try been in the pathway of a hurricane and start to laugh at an add!

We got three faxes today at work asking us to visit Orlando, too. They were all from travel companies.

I have Pet Of The Year contests at my house!
    I'm not only in the path anymore! I'm going to get the EYE!

Oh, good Lord. It's called irony. As in an ironic situation. And her husband just got out of Florida. He was in the path.

Sorry kids, like Micki said it was ironic that they are saying come to Orlando NOW when both Orlando airports are closed! And my husband was on one of the last flights out of Sanford airport so I know how scary this whole thing is - he may have no apartment or job come Sunday - he lives in Melbourne which is very close to where they are saying it will first come ashore. My oldest sister and her husband live in Central Florida so I am also worrying about them. Delidog is like a daughter to me so I am worrying about her and John and their fur family too. If you keep your ability to laugh even during the worst situations, you will come through a lot saner and better - trust this 52 year old grandmother!

And I am sorry I guess I just have a sick sense of hurmor because I thought it was funny that my husband was at the airport at 8:00 a.m. yesterday morning for a 7:00 p.m. flight out. It may have been a "safe and smart" thing to do but it is still funny to think of him sitting there all day.

--William Feather

I'm here and I think it's funny, too. No need crying about it.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

LOL..that is pretty funny.

Talk about irony

I know that I should let what Jamie123 and MillOLuv3r go but somewhow it just irks me that they don't think others have ever faced danger. I live in Ohio and have all my 52 years of life. Here we have tornadoes and we don't get days or even hours of warning to prepare or evacute when a storm comes through. Yes the damage does not cover the entire state but when it is you facing the storm, fearing the storm, living through the storm, having your home destroyed or damaged by the storm it matters little the size of the storm. Tommorow if I can find my pictures, I will post a picture of a tornado that we faced.

Talk about staring at an eye of a storm. We were at Cedar Point preparing to get on one of the highest roller coasters there at the time. Neither Carl nor I were hep on the idea of getting on but Christy, her friend and some friends of ours were with us at the time (we were chaperoning our church's high school youth group) and they convinced us that this was the thing to do - we were well above the ground and the next groupp to get on a car. All of a sudden they were evacuating us off the top of this roller coaster. As we turned to see why there was a tornado right above the ride next to us. As we ran from cover, we got separated from Christy who was about 15 or 16 at the time. Talk about fear - knowing that your child (and your husband and self )was somewhere in the direct eye of such a storm and you were not with her as well as wondering if anyone would survive with all the debris you would have if such a storm hit a theme park. We all survived that day and still laugh at our panic and Carl's announcment that he was never going on one of those big roller coasters because obviously God was speaking to him directly and telling him he should not be going on such things. (he was jjust joking, I think!)

In 1978, I was 7 months pregnant with Rob, my second child, and Amy was 2 years old when we unannounced woke up to a blizzard. Again a very scary act of nature and something we were lucky to live through. And again we can find funny things to laugh about because you HAVE TO.

Sorry I just needed to vent! And I do feel for all of you in Florida and facing this storm. Even for us waiting way far away, the waiting is unbearable. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

--William Feather

After I went to bed last night, I as trying to thinkof a way to explain different types of humor to some of the younger members...how funny it always ha ha, but funny as in ironic, or surprising.

Then is morning I was broswing Dog Gneral and saw that Jamie123 is having an enjoyable time riling things up there too. I'm not the best at reading people, but very likely a troll..only 28 posts all seem to be the riling sort.

Try not to worry too much, mom. Most people here understand a joke, an ironic situation, and know that you were not laughting at them...but sometime in those situations it is better to find a little humor and laugh...otherwise all you can do is cry.

And I also just saw Jamie123 posted a thread that she is leaving...shocking!!!

I thought it was funny!!! LOL I'd be laughing my butt off if I got that e-mail or fax. I'm at the end part of it and it's projected to go just right above me. I was projected to get drilled by CHarley. The "eye" line was forcasted to go straight through Oldsmar, which is where I work, and I would've had to have been working during the storm since I work for the city and we serve our residents, and I would still think that was funny. Like some of you said....it's just an ironic ad for the time! You gotta take that in stride and just laugh about the situations that the Hurricane may bring, because you will never make it through it as a worry wort or if you're flipping out.

Thanks for the good laugh this morning 4DM!!!!
    Lauren, Honey, Orion, Caeleigh, Chloe & Stangly

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH KAYANN FOR THE WONDERFUL SIG!