Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Popeye needs your prayers.

Sounds like you're doing everything right! I had URI go through all my fosters several months ago when I brought a new foster in from the shelter. She was isolated in my spare bathroom and I took every precaution to disinfect, but it still managed to spread. The good news is that Shiloh, my own cat, never got it at all. She's always been current on her vaccinations and doesn't have a compromised immune system. Hopefully your cats will be okay too, and if it does hit them, it won't be as bad as Popeye's feeling it right now. You might want to run a hot shower a few times a day and put Popeye in the bathroom so the steam can help clear him up. Thats what I did for my cats and it really helped. They had the URI so bad, they were open mouth breathing and everything

I'm glad you know what is wrong now. I hope Popeye has a speedy recovery!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I have no advice, but I will be praying for Popeye.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Thank you Aly and Felicia's Mom.

Aly, thanks for the tip on putting Popeye in the bathroom with the shower running. I will try that with him tonight.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

If he gets worse, you can also get him some Pedialyte. I'm sure the Nutri-cal and canned food will be enough for him now, but just in case he stops eating, Pedialyte helps.

The vet gave me the name of the pill that I got over the counter at the drug store that helps the kitties get over the URI faster. He said it had to run its course, but this pill made the cats tons better. I don't remember the exact name of it, something like L-lysine. I can check for sure when I get home in case you want to call your vet and ask about doing that.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Thank you so much Aly, I would really appreciate you getting this information for me.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

OH Lorraine you poor thing! You have really been put through the ringer lately.
    I agree with all the advice given but Debbie is right about your other cats being healthy and chances of them getting sick are slim and even if they do they probably won't get nearly as down as this little guy. We have had tummy viruses run through the whole house and it's just a matter of waiting it out. You are doing everything possible to prevent it spreading but I really don't think you need to worry. Everyone, including Popeye, will be fine. I have seen kittens look like they are knocking on death's door and they come back around.
    Keep doing what your doing and we will keep sending PT prayers. I have no doubt that Popeye will be fine. He has had a stressful life up to this point and it's going to take a bit before he recovers from everything.
    We love you Lorraine and you are taking excellent care of the baby. Magoo sends {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and little Popeye. He said to tell you that he had the nasty URI one time too and he's ok now.
    Hang in there Lorraine and one day when Popeye weighs 15lbs and is lounging around in the window this will all be a bad memory.
    Lots of {{{HUGS}}} from me to you.

We are so glad,that the Vet Report on Popeye is so positive,and that things look,to be All Right,for our friend Popeye,who unlike his namesake,cant be cured,with a Can of Spinach!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers sent to poor little Popeye.