Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: meet the girls

meet the girls

These are the girls(the three witches of eastwick as I call them).
    They are a delightful bunch. They live in my bedroom/avery. No caged or clipped wings except for the budgies & finches for good reason. It would be hard to catch 15 finches at one time. The room is completely bird friendly one big giant cage for the 22 of us. All get along very well, Thats why I think I keep getting more finches. Well enjoy.

Fuzzy

Sonya & Gwendolynn at the beach

My pretty Gwen

Silly aren't we
    ~Angus~

Awww! Nice to meet you all, girlie birdies! Pretty girls you have, and just wait 'til popcornbird sees them!

Re: meet the girls

All your birds are beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing their pictures.

----<---<--<{(@

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Cute stuff! The three birds I have are rescues. One I adopted, and she loves my husband because he plays guitar for her (ingrate I FEED her LOL), the other is a rescued budgie from a very busy street! She's going into another home w/her own kind. Two weeks back, my friend's sister had one of her cats bring a budgie into the house. Eve put the bird in her bathroom, and I went, checked him over, and he looked fine. I set him in the cage w/ the others and he ate like a piggie! Next morning he was dead. Shock set in.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Welcome! your birds are dolls! (i don't mean that literally, i know they are real birds!) Tell us about their personalities and how does the dog get along with them and where the heck did they all come from? ( When you get time, Sorry!)

very pretty birdies, i just got two tiels. maybe you could post a pic of the room they are in, I would love to see it .
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Re: meet the girls

Originally posted by Honkers36
    These are the girls(the three witches of eastwick as I call them).
    They are a delightful bunch. They live in my bedroom/avery. No caged or clipped wings except for the budgies & finches for good reason.

My pretty Gwen

she looks like she has clipped wings
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Your girls are beautiful! I'd love to see more pictures of them
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

OMG!!! More tiels!!! They're SO adorable!!! Gwen looks like my Popcorn's twin! I almost thought I was looking at Popcorn's picture!

They don't have a cage? So does that mean they poop everywhere in the room? How do you clean up after them?

My birds have a cage, though they are hardly ever in it. They do poop in the cage though, most of the time.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 09-03-2004 at 12:52 AM.

Beautiful birds! Where did you get them from? A pet store? They are really cute. I think thats great that they are not cooped up in a cage. What spoiled little birdied LOL. How do you clean up after them though?

Those are older pictures, Gwendolyns wings were clipped (a little too short really) when mom got her. Took them a while to grow out. Trust me, all three of those ding dongs have full wings and they know how to use them! I can't count the number of times I go in for a visit and I get divebombed by the 'Tiel parade! To answer your question PCB, they are pretty well trained to go potty in their cage (They have a cage, they just refuse to be in it most of the time other than to eat, sleep and poo ). Gwendolyn and Sonja were rescue birds from someone mom knew at work (another case of too loud :P, whatever) and Fuzzy was mine until I went to college. Gwendolyn and Sonja were so happy to have another friend that when I came back I just decided to let all three live together rather than separate them.

Gorgeous birdies!!! What a delight it must be to be in your house with all that sweet company!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I am confused about whose birds are whose. Is Honkers the same person as DJFyrewoff36? I have no problem with clipping wings. I do it too, for the safety of my birds.

Sweet birdies!!!

Originally posted by Logan
    I am confused about whose birds are whose. Is Honkers the same person as DJFyrewoff36? I have no problem with clipping wings. I do it too, for the safety of my birds.

Sweet birdies!!!
    Honkers is DJFyrewolf36's mom.

Mom I know you have some better pictures of Sonja...so post those too dangnabbit!!! I love loking at pix of your flock!