Thread: Raw Diets

Raw Diets

I am thinking about putting my male 9-year old kitty on a raw diet. Does anyone have anymore information on this? Is it just a fad? Have any of you tried it?
    "EVIL DOES NOT WEAR A BONNET!" -MR TINKLES

Hi Mao.
    I've read a lot about raw diets for dogs, but never cats. My cats seem to do fine on their commercial food, ProPlan, so I don't plan to mess with a good thing!
    Logan

I know this is the kitty board, but I found a raw diet about 6 months ago that I have since bought and started my dog, Graham on. They have it available in both dog and cat formulas. It's a European style grain mix with tons of only human-grade ingredients like herbs, nuts and sea veggies, and you add water (or meat broth for finicky eaters) and raw meat and veggies and let it soak for a few hours or overnight. The transistion takes no less then 4 weeks and animals usually LOVE the taste. It's from a company called Sojourner Farms and the website is www.sojos.com

I can tell you, it's been fun because my dog loves it so much and it's bonding to actually prepare his food, blend up the veggies, cut the meat, and see how much he LOVES it. I bet kitties would absolutely LOVE it too. It's expensive, but it's not a huge amount more then some of the high end kibble foods.

If I get a kitty when we get a house, it will be on this food because it's amazing stuff. My dog, Graham is SO healthy, his coat just shimmers, he has more energy, and believe it or not, the silver hairs that he was sprouting around his muzzle from aging, are starting to be replaced with his golden hair. Just thought I'd tell ya about the Sojo food

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]