Thread: Who are the Massachusetts PetTalkers?

Who are the Massachusetts PetTalkers?

I'm just wondering who my neighbors in Massachusetts are. I know tats lives on Cape Cod, and Karen is here (I actually met Karen!)--anyone else?
    Last edited by Smilla; 09-01-2004 at 08:52 AM.
    SMB ^ï^
    Bats--you need them more than you know!

Those are the 2 that pop into my head, but you might want to move this to General where more people will see it....

Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I moved it to General ...

Paul, of course! And I believe QueenScoopalot and Leslie and ... Who else?t

I'm in MA. North Shore area.

GiantSchnauzer - how far north shore? Dad goes deep sea fishing out of Newburyport once a week or so - weather depending, etc. ...

I'm in Wakefield. Not as far up as Newburyport. Close enough.

i am in Ipswich and commute to Boston every day! (And collect whatever on my way in and out- luckily not much lately- just a baby pigeon 2 blocks from work that died within an hour of my taking her in...better that seeing her smushed by cars though I doubt she would have cared- already sick..)

Poor thing!

Glad to meet you all! I'm in Maynard.
    SMB ^ï^

hi Smilla! Maynard... Ain't that way out there!? hmmm. Anyway, saw in your profile you like Edward Gorey! Well well, never thought I'd meet anyone who is also an Edward Gorey fan! Since I don't go into new bookstores anymore, tell me, is he still doing books? Somewhere I have the whole alphebet on 24 postcards- in a box somewhere. I wish wish wish that years ago I had paid the $35 pbs was asking for membership and you'd get a complimentary coffee mug that was an E. Gorey drawing that changed as the liquid tipped. I think it was the animated woman from mystery, you know, the one with one hand on her brow in distress whimpering, "ughhhhhh..." in a dying kind of tone!
    AND you like bats! Did you go see the Malaysian fruit bats at the Franklin Park zoo when they were here two summers ago? it was really, really neat. After all the tourists left the lecture, we found the zoo gal who gave it (well jan was the brave one) and asked her to take pictures from inside with the bats! She did and said not to tell anyone she had done this!
    Anyway, Hello!

Maynard's not "way out there" - gosh, it's closer than you think! I grew up in Oxford, MA and went to college in Boston. NO ONE ever believed me that it only takes an hour to get there from Boston, and Oxford is further west - and south - than Maynard! I now live in Newton, as it says in my profile.

Sorry, folks--I started this thread, and then forgot to check back regularly for replies. :|

Hey, Leslie! As Karen said, Maynard isn't actually as far away as you might think. It's right in the middle of Acton, Sudbury, and Concord. I work in Medford, and it usually takes me 35-45 minutes to get to work, depending on traffic. It's not the greatest commute, but it seems to go pretty quickly. Also, I'm from Texas, so I'm used to driving.

Unfortunately, Edward Gorey died a few years ago--before I really became a fan! I've heard there is an Edward Gorey museum on Cape Cod. I need to look into it, as I'd love to go. Have you heard of it?

And yes, I like bats as much as I like dogs. I actually bought a bat cabin this summer to try to lure some of the creatures closer, but I wasn't able to put it up. I had fantasies of being known around the neighborhood as the "crazy bat lady."

Nice to meet you!
    SMB ^ï^