Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microchipping

Microchipping

has anyone here microchipped their pets??
    I am thinking about getting Pixie done It is a one time fee of 38$ canadian...
    What do you guys think?

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I would do it in a heartbeat if I had a kitten! That $38.00 can save you a lot of heartbreak if Pixie ever gets out.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I want to start having mine microchipped, especially Amy.. I just never have picked up the phone and made that call....

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh yes, definitely get it done! Our are inside only, but you never know. That microchip could come in handy one day.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Here, animals adopted from the humane society are automatically microchipped. We had our others done also. It seems pet care in Ottawa costs a lot more. I believe it was $45 CDN for microchipping our last pet.

All mine are microchipped. I don't want to keep collars on them (they are indoors only) and wanted something to ID them in case of fire or natural disaster and we got separated.

It is a very simple procedure, it is given just like an injection. My cats didn't object or raise a fuss at all.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=55425

Go to this link If Kuhio had been microchipped, he would probably be in the loving arms of his Meowmie right now.

If I had young kitties, I would definitely opt to have them microchipped.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Eleanor came microchipped. Skinny and Thumper are not microchipped. In due time.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Re: Microchipping

Originally posted by Jods
    has anyone here microchipped their pets??
    I am thinking about getting Pixie done It is a one time fee of 38$ canadian...
    What do you guys think?
    I think it's a bargain! My vet charged $40 USA.

Microchipping really caught on in our area after a sad story involving a dog that escaped from a yard while her owner was at work. The dog had no collar, because the owner was afraid she would get it caught on something. (Apparently, she hadn't noticed the racks of safety collars in the pet supply stores.) The dog was picked up by the Humane Society as a stray. They held onto her for five days, then another family adopted her. Much upset, controversy, name-calling, letters to the editor. The original owner eventually got the dog back.

Anyway, it was after that that Don Juan and I went to see Dr. J. Don Juan now has a microchip SOMEWHERE under all that fur.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

My indoor cat is microchipped. It gives me peace of mind. I would highly recommend it! But remember, you must update your address and phone information! When I volunteered at the Humane Society we would often scan a cat and get the guardian's outdated address. Not very helpful!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Both of mine are microchipped. It was part of the adoption agreement I signed with AnimalSavers. Gives me peace of mind too if anything should happen like an earthquake or something and we got separated.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I think it's wonderful as long as you update the chip if any information changes. We found, Hazel, who was microchipped. Unfortunately the owners did not update this info, so we could never locate them. Of course, for us, this was a plus....but would've loved to have been able to return her to her owners.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Originally posted by slick
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=55425

Go to this link If Kuhio had been microchipped, he would probably be in the loving arms of his Meowmie right now.

If I had young kitties, I would definitely opt to have them microchipped.
    I definitely recommend getting all your pets microchipped. If PRINCESS Kuhio (Yes, I know Kuhio is a male's name, but our Kuhio was a girl) had been chipped, she would have been found in time to be reunited with us instead of being put to sleep at the shelter. Chipping costs $50 in Anchorage but it so worth the peace of mind. And yes, you have to keep your information up-to-date: addresses, phone numbers, vet info, etc. But it is so worth it.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Both of our girls are chipped. I watched them go in, it was relatively painless, and it could get your pet returned to you if lost! It's worth it if you have the money for it. Our chipping was included in the 70 dollar adoption fee.

Microchipped!?

I've never heard of this procedure but would love to know more! It could've saved my husband and I a lot of heartache. We still are wondering where our baby girl could be...
    Lost since July 5th,2003-
    http://catoftheday.com/archive/2003/March/24.html

I have my other 2 who are indoor kitties, but if something ever did happen, unexpectantly..like Nova...this would help..I gather!?
    Thor, Belle & Scout's Mom