Greetings. This is my first post (and it's a long one!) so I hope I'm following the board ettiquette correctly.

I'm living in eastern Washington and helping out the local feral cat rescuers, starting with the cats that were dumped and breeding on acreage we're renting.

The good news is that I've finally managed to TNR all the outdoor gals. I also managed to nab all the kittens from the last two litters and isolate them in rooms for their future spaying and re-release. (The local rescues were contacted but none had the room for any kittens.) Nine out of the ten were female so I'm VERY glad I caught them!

A couple of weeks ago I found one of my outdoor males sick and barely able to walk. Before I could catch him he wandered into some heavy brush and I haven't seen him since. I assume he's gone.

A few days later, I noticed that one of my kittens had stopped running around and was barely walking. She had also started vomiting bile.

I took her in to the local vet who hospitalized her. (Her temp was 106!) A day later, another kitten was hit hard with the same symptoms but sadly she didn't make it.

When I noticed that the rest of the litter weren't eating, I took them in for observation last Friday. I saw them today and they looked rough, still not eating or drinking.

Now the older litter is showing the symptoms and I took one in today. The vet has no idea what it is that's affecting these kitties. We did a feline leukemia test and it was negative.

The good news is that I got the first kitten back and she seems to be recuperating well. I have yet to see her drink but I'm offering her food every hour or so and she'll take a few bites. She's active and whiny.

So has anyone here had any experience with this? Symptoms seem to be fever, lack of appetite, vomiting and stiff gait. No runny eyes or sneezing.

Thank you for your time,

Dani