Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no!! Yellowjackets!

Oh no!! Yellowjackets!

My poor Emerson!! We were just outside, playing fetch with a squeaky barbells, and having a good ol' time! I threw it, he went running and was running back with it. He paused, mid-stride, and started chasing his tail. I thought it was funny, and started laughing. But then, I thought, "that's really strange! He never chases his tail."

He then started yelping and leaping towards me. As he neared, I noticed a yellow jacket buzzing him. I tried to get it off of him (it was on his back good and tight) I got it off, and noticed he had about 5 or 6 more. I started screaming for Mark (at the BBQ on the other side of the house) He came running, and he started wacking them off of him.

We came in the house immediately, and now he is one very upset dog. He's panting so hard and pacing in circles. If I let him out of this room, he runs from room to room in circles. I'm really worried.

I'm watching him really closely for any symptoms, and ready to call the vet. Please pray that my baby won't get sick!!! Many thanks!

Aww! Poor baby. Prayers headed his way
    Amy & the furkids

Oh my poor Emerson!!!!!! I haven't been stung in years, but I remember the last time. It hurt and hurt and hurt for the longest while. I know you will keep a careful eye on him as some humans (and I guess dogs) can have an allergic reaction to bee stings. ((((Hugs to poor widdle Emmers)))) Please let us know how he is. (Wringing hands here!)

awww poor emerson. I hope everything turns out ok!! Keep us updated

Poor Emerson, I hope he feels better from those bites soon. I've been bitten once before, it really hurts! Poor baby
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

OK, my immediate panic is gone! The vet just called me back and she said that if he was going to have an allergic reaction it would happen right away (and furthermore it hardly happens in dogs).

She has prescriped some adult benadryl, so I'm off to get some -- he will get 2 right away, 2 at midnight, 2 in morning and 2 tomorrow night. It will help with the itching.

He's still acting pretty weird -- begging to be in his kennel, panting, and walking in circles.

Thank you so much for the prayers, we appreciate them. I'm headed to the store right away!!

Edit: Mark just found some, so now I can stay home and keep a close eye on him!

Anna, don't be alarmed if the Benadryl makes him sleepy. My son was bitten by something (we don't even know what it was) and it caused raised blotches all over his skin. He was prescribed Benadryl by the doctor also and fell asleep for 4 hours. We couldn't even wake him up for dinner! LOL! Hopefully Emmers will "sleep off" the rest of the pain. Poor pupster!!!

Poor emerson! I'm glad he's ok!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Poor Emerson, I hope he feels better soon. The Benadryl should help.

From Decker with Love

Poor Emerson, I know how much a bee sting hurts!! Hope he's feeling better soon.

Our Scotty was bitten by bees before,, he had at least 3,, he was okay,, and he too did the panting and pacing and circling thing too,, its fear and tension,,, he will relax if you stay relaxed,,, just offer him so love but stay calm!!!!!!

big gentle hugs to poor lil emmerson!

OUCH!! those hurt,well hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow!!

How scary!! I am glad that he's ok!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Oh, how miserable he must be. Poor guy.

We have lots of wasps and hornets here and I'm always worried that Chester's gonna tick one off and get stung.

I hope Emerson feels better soon.

Ouch! I hope Emerson feels better soon!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!