Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T & P’s Big Adventure

T & P’s Big Adventure

We finally did it, we took T & P along for a weekend in the motorhome. Yippee!!!

Tubby, of course, had no problem with the whole thing and I’m sure he was much happier with us than being stuck at home. Peanut, on the other hand, was a little freaked out at first, but not too bad. Terry, on the other hand, was totally freaked out and was a total basket case.

I got Peanut inside and opened the door on her carrier. She immediately started bolting out, then realized she wasn’t home, so she sort of reversed tracks and went half way back in. She sniffed and looked around, then haltingly proceeded out of the carrier. I had put food and water down for them and she immediately headed to the food bowl. How upset could she be if she ate right away? I tried to tell Terry that, but he was believing none of it.

She then proceeded to slowly check out the rest of the motorhome and eventually found her way to the bedroom which she turned into her own personal hide out. Here she is, feeling a little more comfortable and trying to decide whether to stay in her safe hideout or to join us in the living room. (love the headlights)

Here's Tubby listening to the traffic on the way there. Note - I was going about 1 mph so you don't have to worry about me driving and videoing at the same time.
    Last edited by Tubby & Peanut's Mom; 08-25-2005 at 03:42 PM.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I didn’t get there until around 8:00 pm, so it was a relatively short night. I finally got Terry calmed down enough to try and go to sleep. I showed him how Peanut was already asleep on the big bed and he should do the same.

The next morning it was as if they had been there forever. Here’s Tubby on his new favorite spot on the couch.

What, you mean I can’t lick her here either? Sheesh…..

Getting comfy on the big bed.

This place isn’t so bad after all.

Wow, I like this nice leather bed.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Tubby is such an adventure cat, and he wanted to come outside with me about as soon as we got there. Saturday I couldn’t resist anymore so I brought him out. I did bring their little cage along, but I didn’t want to push too much on Peanut right away, so I just brought Tubby out on his leash. He loved it!

I only had one scary moment. We had some friends stop by. They showed up while I had Tubby in my lap (pic above) so I didn’t immediately get up. Terry was giving them the grand tour of the motorhome when I eventually got up and went inside, and the screen door was wide open!!! I immediately stopped the conversation they were having and told them rule #1 is that the door MUST remain closed tight at all times. I was quite adamant about it. Peanut wouldn’t be a problem, but Tubby (if he was awake) would immediately be out the door and on his way to exploring without his leash, and that is totally unacceptable! They understood and I’m happy to report the open door incident was not repeated the rest of the afternoon.

Everything went smoothly the rest of the weekend. Sara (ES) stopped by also, and she said she saw Tubby on the counter nibbling on the hamburger! I don’t have to worry about that at home anymore, but as you can see in the first pic of Tubby, the counter is now easily accessible and he wanted up on it quite a few times.

Overall I thought the weekend was a great success, and we’re all headed out there again this weekend. I got Peanut a new carrier (different thread on that story) that she’s seems to like a lot better, and now she’s more familiar so this weekend should go better than last!

It was soooo nice having them there. It was like the family was complete again. I always felt like something was missing when they weren’t there and now I don’t have to feel that way anymore. I’m sure I’ll have more pics and stories after this weekend, so stay tuned!

Tubby trying to find the perfect spot on the couch. He has never been on leather before and didn't quite know what to make of it. This video is in double time. It was quite funny how he couldn't find just the right spot, but the video was quite boring so I speeded it up.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

And here's a video of Peanut settling in.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Debbie, if I wouldn't see you sitting outside of a thing on wheels I would never believe this palace is a motorhome

No wonder T&P liked it. Wouldn't it be fun if I just could have stopped by with Sara?

Neat-o!!! How cool to be able to take your kitties along wherever you go. I'm jealous! Nice that you don't have to worry about being without them anymore.

AWESOME motorhome!!

Tubby is such a cutie pie. I bet he's a good travellin' buddy, riding on your lap like that! Peanut is adorable. I fall more and more in love with her every time I see her. She's really gorgeous. Funny pic of her and the ghost eyes!!

I am happy for you T & P!!! Sounds like many more adventures are to come.

Amazing. I can't believe they settled in that quickly. I don't think Ripley would ever recover from such an adventure. I love the videos of Tubby. He looks so laid back listening to the traffic report and he was so cute trying to figure out that strange leather feeling. Peanut looks like a princess on her royal rug.

Your motorhome is gorgeous. I never thought I would like that but wowsie wow wow!! Now that's living in luxury on the road.

From Decker with Love

Is there any room for catnapper and her boys? I promise to leave the screen door closed! You'll get used to that leather couch real soon sweetie!

WOW! What a great adventure! I'm sure they'll enjoy many more!

My God that so-called Motorhome is bigger than my 2-bdrm condo! It's absolutely beautiful! I think you should drive it down to Gini's next year for the BBQ. What would her neighbours think seeing that big thing in her driveway.

Really cute videos. I can see how you would feel "complete" with them along.

Soon they will have to write their own diaries of their travels.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh, Oh, now you've done it! They will be wanting to "drive" next!
    Great pictures! Glad they decided they liked it!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is that a sweatshirt you have on? Oh how jealous I am, considering it's been between 105 - 113 here in sunny AZ!

Great pics and fun story!!!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

That's so cute. Maybe you should put a sign on the screen door saying "guard cat on duty - please keep closed at all times".

It was funny to think that the Tubby video was in double-time.

These are not the droids you were looking for

That looks like a fun time! You have a great motor home...sort of like a nice hotel on wheels. The kitties sure caught on to relaxation on vacation didn't they?

Looks like a nifty vacation was had by all... what fun!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/