Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's official!!! I am going to be a new kitty mama!

It's official!!! I am going to be a new kitty mama!

Just wanted to share with everyone that thanks to Jan (Queen) I have decided that the very special blind kittens, Gracie and her un-named brother will become part of the Catlover family. As long as their test all come back negative...I will "take delivery" in November. So it looks like there will be a field trip coming. I can not wait.

Please see Jan's post here.....to see pictures of the babies.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=56358

I would like to say a big Thank You to Lisa (CCL). I PM'd her yesterday with some questions about Magoo and she was wonderful enough to respond back to me. Lisa, without you I don't think I could have convinced Mark. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

P.S. I need a name for my baby boy!!! Please help. I was going to name him Julian because I really love that name but my new next door neighbor has a Julian and I don't want him to get confused.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Wow - I read that now. Congratulations on your special additions who are the sweetest little kitties you could think of

Meg you are so welcome but I really didn't do anything! Magoo did all the work from my end and I just watched and learned. I'm so overwhelmed with emotion right now that I'm having trouble working. Your new babies are beyond adorable and I'm so happy for you that I could shout it from the roof tops!
    I know you had a hard time convincing hubby but I bet in a very short amount of time he will not only be amazed but madly in love!

Congratulations Meg, cause you sure got two adorable babies!!

A special thanks also to their caregiver Jan for all she has done. What a wonderful lady.

Congrats Meg!! I am moved to tears - I cannot think of a better forever home for those two precious angels. Bless You!!

Jan, I am sure a load has been taken off your mind knowing what a great home these two have found. You have done such a great job with them - HUGS to you.

Wow - what a fantastic place Pet Talk is. Miracles REALLY do happen here!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Con Cat ULations,from theFound Cats,and Bless You,for caring,for those Little Ones! You will be rewarded a Million Times,for your kindness!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh my goodness, that is sooo wonderful Meg!!!

I think Magoo has done more than could ever have been hoped for! He not only has taught us all so much about special needs kitties, but he has inspired others to adopt special needs kitties too, giving hope to many more out there that had such little hope before.

I'm SO happy for you Meg, and I can't wait for you to "take delivery" so we can start hearing all the great stories. Stories not only of how they overcome their handicap, but stories of having kittens in the house again.

Hmm.....wonder how resident queenie Tucker is going to take to two rambunctious kittens.....
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I posted this in QSA's thread with the pictures, but how about Gabriel as a name for the little boy? Grace and Gabriel, the adorable, sweet, beautiful baby angel kitties.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

this is wonderful news! Can't wait for the adventures and love to begin.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

oh MEG!!! This is so wonderful!! I am speechless but thrilled. The pictures all made me cry. The babies are precious - the angel wings and stories...Magoo...all of it and here on PT, being able to share in the happiness and care for these babies - it is all rather overwhelming. I am awed and so happy to know all of you and about this story and so many others!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    We need a smiley with projectile tears because I'm bawling so hard I steamed up my glasses!

I am so happy to hear that these babies will have a loving home. I pray that their test results all come back well and their Grandaddy Magoo continues to show them the way.

Name suggestions: Jose (For Jose Feliciano the blind singer)
    or Ray Charles

Of course, since the girl's name is Gracie, you could call the boy Georgie (Grace Allen and George Burns).
    Last edited by kuhio98; 08-18-2004 at 11:20 AM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Originally posted by kuhio98
    We need a smiley with projectile tears because I'm bawling so heard I steamed up my glasses!

HERE

What wonderful news! Those babies will have a great home.

Name suggestion:

Cecil - St. Cecile, blind patron saint of music.

YAY!!! This is great news!!!!

I can't post much right now, because my boss is here today (LOL!) but I just wanted to say how GREAT this is.

I like T&P's suggestion - Gabriel (Gabe?) - for a name. Will think of more later.

Originally posted by kuhio98
    . . . . .

Of course, since the girl's name is Gracie, you could call the boy Georgie (Grace Allen and George Burns).

What kuhio said!!