Thread: Michigan pet talkers!

Michigan pet talkers!

If you have not yet read the thread under cat rescue from sara regarding her blind cat Cora, "Desperate", and you live in Michigan of nearby- she needs to know how to find the names of rescue groups in her area within 7 days- she posted 2 weeks ago and has gotten some great responses but with time limited is still in search of home to avoid humane society. Cora looks and sounds like a sweety- I know, we are all full at our own homes but if ANYONE HAS ANY LEADS TO RESCUE GROUPS? please post on her thread. She is on disability (and housing forbidding keeping Cora etc, you all know the stint with landlords) and does not own a computer but has access to one via a friend- so limited time on computer! Today she posted pretty picture of pretty Cora! Also see her dog Peach on dog rescue! I am hoping Mugsy will give her some rescue groups phone #s in her area! Dukesdogsmom made her a fabulous picture of peach surrounded in forest and waterfalls! Really sweet of her!
    pixie

Leslie,

If she's on disability, maybe she can get a note from her doctor saying that her animals are "therapy" and it is CRITICAL to her health and well being that they stay with her. I've heard it's been done and successfully.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

OH !!!

Good Idea! I think we may have discussed this or maybe I thought about it to you and figured you heard me! Will email to her and to her friend in CO! thank you and how are you and your babies?
    pixie

That sounds like a plan!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

We are hoping,that that Lady,can get help for Cora,and geive that Poor Kitten,a Great Furr Ever Home!Prayers,are on the way!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Petfinder.com, or .org (either one works) has a section to advertise adoptive pets and screen prospective owners yourself. Time seems too short though.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

note from doctor

that is a great idea about getting a note from my doctor!unfortunately, that avenue has already been explored. i've got to keep looking at other options for Cora...

peach

Understandably not an option for Cora, but also not an option for Peach?
    pixie

nope

nope, not an option for Peach...

I was crying so hard last night. Peach, Cora and Romeo all had to go into the kennel to be boarded. I've never boarded a pet before; I've always been able to take care of them myself or provide a friend to take care of them. And Peach will have to be boarded until I either find a home or run out of funding for boarding her...

I refuse to give up hope!!!

It was hard to see Cora and Romeo go in to be boarded, too. Cora seemed especially confused as to what was happening. When she gets frightened, she gets still and quiet and small. I just wanted to hold her and not make her go through this confusing process! At least she and Romeo each have a home to be going to soon.

Plans are near to being finalized for Cora. I've been offered help paying for her transportation to her new home. Now I need to fly her from Grand Rapids, MI, to Raleigh, NC, probably through Detroit, since Continental's cargo bays are temperature-regulated and Continental flies out of Detroit. I can't get Cora to Detroit by car, so I'm thinking I'll fly her from Grand Rapids to Detroit on another airline and then have her switched to Continental there. But the switching of airlines makes me nervous, and it probably should. Sigh... How can I do that and make sure that Cora isn't lost or waiting somewhere for a long time in the process? Maybe that's not possible. Perhaps I should try to find a cat lover who would be willing to take Cora to Detroit? I wish I had a car!! How would you do this?

Sara

I thought the new owner was taking care of the transport part!? And regarding Romeo, he's going to my home town, Champaign!? Well, what were the original plans for getting him there? Can the new owner meet someone partway?