Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This will surprise EVERYONE!!!

This will surprise EVERYONE!!!

Guess what, PTers, I didn't have my surgery yet!! As I was getting prepped for surgey, They noticed that I was dangerously low on potassium! So they posponed the surgery to August 18!! I did spend two days in the hospital anyhow to get pumped with 14 units of potassium so that my potassium level will be up for the next surgery. The nurse said that it was the most potassium ever given to one patient!! (good grief!) I survived it and I'll be on PT until the 18th. It was a BIG surprise to ME too!!

Wow! at least the caught it now instead of on the table when something happens. Glad to hear you're still with us for a while!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

We'll have Mario get some bananas for you David.

Well, I'm glad they caught the problem before instead of during your surgery. Sorry you have to wait for another two weeks but now you get to be back on PT again so its not all bad.

These are not the droids you were looking for

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    LOL! When I saw the heading of this thread I thought WOW! He's back online already! Glad they caught the problem before you went under .... eat LOTS of bananas!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

it was a shock to me, too!

Originally posted by heinz57_79
    Wow! at least the caught it now instead of on the table when something happens. Glad to hear you're still with us for a while!
    The doctors being that low on potassium it would have affected my heart and I MIGHT HAVE DIED ON THE TABLE!! Scary as you know what!!

Oh David, you have absolutely NO idea how good it is to hear from you. Although the next couple of weeks waiting will be tough, please hang in there and lean on us as much as you want. We will always be here for you 24/7 and that's a promise!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Goodness!!!!!

I'm glad your doctors caught it!!! Me, Wilber and Oreo will a keep on prayin for you and Oreo says if you need him to keep an eye on Nikki while you are recovering, he sure wouldn't mind.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Thank goodness, David, the diligent medical team honed in on your chemistry!!! The "right" potassium is sooooo important reagarding heart funtion, trust me! Make sure you eat plenty of bananas and oranges in the meantime! Well, I'm glad they discovered the K + defecit...but I'm sorry not to be hearing the words..."resting comfortably!" Can you stand the anticipation? Not sure that I'll be able! lol! Hang in there friend. Let's consider this a rehersal!

P.S...Re: Our last PM...Most of my recovery room patients awoke, looking up at my face, (or any RR nurse) mumbling the words..."It's an angel!" (Not sure how to take that "heavenly" reference!) The rest of the patients, regardless of age, called out for their mommy! We're here for you friend! Count on it

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Wow! I'm glad they caught it before hand And it's great you'll be here till then

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

S C A R Y !!

Originally posted by slick
    Oh David, you have absolutely NO idea how good it is to hear from you. Although the next couple of weeks waiting will be tough, please hang in there and lean on us as much as you want. We will always be here for you 24/7 and that's a promise!!!
    Slick, the doctors said if I would have gone thru the surgery with my potassium that low, I might have had a heart attack and DIED on the table!! Slick, you have NO IDEA how shaken up I was!! Getting all of that potassium back wasn't much fun either!

Originally posted by CatMama78
    Goodness!!!!!

I'm glad your doctors caught it!!! Me, Wilber and Oreo will a keep on prayin for you and Oreo says if you need him to keep an eye on Nikki while you are recovering, he sure wouldn't mind.
    I don't think Nikki would mind either!

Wow! I am glad that they caught that. Welcome back to PT.

Thank you Wolfie!

Wow, David, what a surprise! Does this mean I have to send two get well cards?

I'm glad they caught it before you went into surgery! Does getting that extra potassium make you feel any better physically?
    Well anyway, eat lots of bananas and keep that potassium so you don't have to keep going through these waits.

Sure am glad you are okay, David!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Banana sundaes every day! So glad they checked - I guess THAT's why they do those annoying tests before any surgery, huh?

Originally posted by trayi52
    Wow, David, what a surprise! Does this mean I have to send two get well cards?

I'm glad they caught it before you went into surgery! Does getting that extra potassium make you feel any better physically?
    Well anyway, eat lots of bananas and keep that potassium so you don't have to keep going through these waits.

Sure am glad you are okay, David!

Willie
    One card will do, Willie! The scary part was if they would have gone through with it, I might have had a heart attack and died!