Thread: One ear smaller then the other?

One ear smaller then the other?

I just noticed something on the Old Retriever...one ear is significantly smaller then the other ear. I didn't notice at first because her long hair kind of hides it. It doesn't look cut, it looks like it stopped growing when she was a pup. She seems to be deaf. She doesn't respond to barks, voices, or whistles. She does respond to claps.

Anyways, have you ever seen such a thing?

Thank you Wolfie!

nope never. it might be a hereditary problem. the deafness might just be because shes old.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

If she responds to claps, she's not totally deaf. Selective hearing, maybe. Maybe she just wanted to watch you make a food of yourself whistling, barking, etc. If she didn't respond to anything except a thud on the floor (vibrations) then I'd think she were deaf. The smaller ear may just be something that didn't develop properly in the womb. But it may have nothing to do with her being able to hear you.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Originally posted by heinz57_79
    If she responds to claps, she's not totally deaf. Selective hearing, maybe. Maybe she just wanted to watch you make a food of yourself whistling, barking, etc. If she didn't respond to anything except a thud on the floor (vibrations) then I'd think she were deaf. The smaller ear may just be something that didn't develop properly in the womb. But it may have nothing to do with her being able to hear you.
    Haha, yeah, she's probably just trying to make a fool of me. She'll occasionally turn her head when I shout, but for the most part she doesn't. I bet she is just hard of hearing.

Thank you Wolfie!