Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick kitty

Sick kitty

Hi everyone

I'm new to this but just wanted to let you know that I have a very sick kitty. Right now is he is at the vet having IV fluids. I woke up this morining to Oscar acting funny and peeing blood not a good thing. The vet called and told me his kidney lab values are all out of wack. They put a cath in and started an IV. They also did x-ray because he started to breath funny also. Chest x-ray is normal and he thinks he just might be getting a cold. But the x-ray showed stones in the bladder. Right now the vet thinks it is just a possbile abstructin and not kidney failure. They are keeing for the weekend (: They will be doing more blood work on monday and hopeful home on tuesday.

WElcome to PT...sorry its not on a happier note! Your poor baby sounds like he's miserable. At least you got him to the Vet and he's in good hands now. Lots of Get well wishes and prayers coming your way. And keep us posted!

Oh, noooo! Chuck and I are sending up prayers for Oscar! Keep us posted on how he is doing!
    (((((((hugs)))))))))))))
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

------------------------------------------------

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

Oh No. Poor Oscar.
    Big time prayers and positive thoughts on the way that he has a full recovery.
    (((((HUGS))))) to you for support.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

POOR KITTY

I JUST HAD A REALLY SICK KITTY...IT'S NO FUN. PRAYERS FOR Y'ALL!!
    MY KITTYS WILL ONLY EAT PURINA ONE I HAPPEN TO KNOW, THEY HAVE A URINARY TRACT FORMULA. THAT MAY HELP OSCAR REPAIR HISSELF...SOUNDS LIKE HE PASSED A STONE. YOUR VET SHOULD GIVE YOU MEDS TO GET THOSE DISSOLVED.
    GOOD LUCK
    KITTY FRIEND
    TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS
    MULTICATMOM

OH NO! Poor Oscar and poor you! That would have scared to death and you must be so worried. Prayers on the way for Oscars quick healing! Keep us posted.

Hi Persianmom, you're part of that extended Harris group, aren't you? Another Grandma in waiting (for another two days ).

I'm so sorry to hear about Oscar being so sick. Prayers on the way! Please keep us posted about the poor little guy.

From Decker with Love

Yes Jazz - this is who I call my sister-in-love. The mother of both my Missy's husband and my oldest son's wife. There is no name for what we are but we figured there should be and so we made one up and YES we are about to be first time grandma's at any time now!!

Sorry about this timing with poor Oscar!! We talked a long time earlier - but what do some of you know who have been through this?? Our RB Harvey had this about 20 years ago - he obstructed twice. We tried medication and special low ash diet but still he obstructed and we had to watch him so closely. We opted for surgery which essentially made him a girl - poor thing BUT he never again had any problems whatsoever. Nothing. Is this still commonly done? Anyone been through it recently that can help Carol make a decision? She works fulltime RN and is not able to keep that close eye on Oscar plus the xrays show he has lots of stones and gravel still. I know an obstruction can become serious very quickly!! I hope some of you can give her better and more up to date info as my experience was 20+ years ago.
    Thanks!!

I am so sorry to hear about Oscar. I will keep him in my prayers.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

oh Momma! poor Oscar I hope he gets to feeling better soon! What bad timing for the little guy to get sick
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I hope Oscar feels better. Phred and Randi both have cats who have had extensive urinary troubles, and the cats had to have the surgery.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Found Cat Prayers are coming For Oscar,and we hope that he is a Lot Better, Very Soon!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Sorry your kitty isn't feeling well. I hope he's better in time to greet Misha!

Poor Oscar! I'm sure the vets will have him up and about and no time at all!

That last post was from me. Somehow I'm logged in under mom's name -lol! Hopefully it's all fixed now!
    Chris