Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sticky Dilemma With Marigold...How To Get Around This One?

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Sticky Dilemma With Marigold...How To Get Around This One?

I get home from work to a call from the ACO Kevin, and apparently there's an "owner" who's looking for Marigold. He left her number on my answering machine for me to deal with it, and also his cell# which is private info. After all this sweet cat has gone through, and the problem with her baby with the leg, I feel there's no way this idiot should get this cat back! Kevin says on the machine "she doesn't care about the kittens, but wants the mom back". YEAH RIGHT! My problem is someone at the animal hospital who originally got the call, may give this Jennifer my phone #! I'm sure this cat's had plenty of litters already if she had six in this one, and who knows what happened to them. I have no intentions of uprooting this girl, and bringing her back! If she does go back, it will be in eight weeks or so after the babies are weaned, and with a full price spay, combo test, and vaccinantions!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Stick to your guns on this one. I'm 150% in agreement that Marigold has been through way to much to be sent back to her "owner". I'm betting once this owner is confronted with charges to pay for all vets services she won't be interested and Marigold can go to a good forever home.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Originally posted by Craftlady
    Stick to your guns on this one. I'm 150% in agreement that Marigold has been through way to much to be sent back to her "owner". I'm betting once this owner is confronted with charges to pay for all vets services she won't be interested and Marigold can go to a good forever home.
    Thats a good point Craftlady!

I have to agree with Becky on this one. I suppose you do have to at least offer the owner the option to pay the full bill, but I also doubt they will be willing to do so. Then, Marigold can have a good and loving home, after receiving the care she deserves. Could this owner be reported for cruelty charges??

I called Kevin the ACO, and he let me know that at least the animal hospital refused to give her my number. I'll have to call them and have it posted on all the desks to never give my # out. In the meantime he has called her, and explained that the kittens had an emergency vet visit already, and that they're not leaving the mom cat. I suggested he tell her to call the animal hospital in eight weeks and inquire about her. I'm waiting to hear from Kevin as to what happened with that conversation! I'll post later if I hear. GROAN!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

Yep.... stick to your guns QS. Chances are this "owner" won't call back!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Yep, gotta agree that this is the best advice. And hopefully the next cat she gets will already be fixed so you're not back there in 6 months rescuing another poor mama. Some people, you'd like to just give them a quick kick in the pants and tell them to get some sense already!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm in complete agreement with everyone else here. Beautiful Marigold needs nothing more to do with that irresponsible, so-called owner.

Ditto!

That is a shame that she "found" marigold. Like everyone else said, I doubt Marigold is important enough to her to pay medical bills.

Thank you Wolfie!

I wish I could get angry about this...but I can't

Im too dern sad to be angry

Oh I can get angry DJF
    She wants her cat back and DOESN'T care about the kittens.
    How many litters has this poor cat had and what has happened to the other kittens that she DOESN'T care about.
    If this woman only wants Marigold back and couldn't care less about her kittens, then she doesn't deserve to have Marigold back at all. TJMHO.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Well I put it straight to the ACO, that it's jerks like Jennifer that have shot my to date trapping count (this year) to 195! Mostly from this area alone. He tried calling her, and she didn't answer the phone. I made sure Kevin the ACO was aware of the kittens tangled by umbilical cords to each other, which needed an emergency vet visit. (I sort of took a bit of liberty with telling him that one)! I made it out to sound as though it was an after hours $$ affair. He's backing me through this, as are the techs at the animal hospital, and if a big stink is made by the so called owner, Kevin will get the M.S.P.C.A involved if needed. So hopefully this whole mess will be dropped, and sweet Marigold will get a home where she'll be more than a kitten machine.
    Author Unknown ~*~

Oh Jan - this week is awful for you! Between Marigold and the Woodpile babies - I am just so sad and sorry for you. I wish I knew what to say but I don't...so (((((((Jan))))))

Great news
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor