Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why doesn't Jasper give kisses?

I know I'm a little late answering this but I just am getting back to posting.

Anyway, I've had 12 Boxer in my life and not one of them kissed. So I don't know why they say Boxer's are kissers cause none of mine ever have been. That why I have that statment on the bottom of my sig. It's a rare and special honer to be kissed by a Boxer.

Now being drooled on is a different thing. lol

An old co-worker of mine has two boxers. One is very kissy and one isn't.
    If you want you could train him to kiss you on command. Put a bit of peanut butter, butter, cream cheese etc, on you cheek and say "kiss" and let him lick it off. You've done some clicker training with him right? You could click and treat as he licks it off.

Neither of my dogs are kissy, and I prefer it that way. Em will give me kisses if I ask for them and she feels like it.

*Thanks Ashley*

Originally posted by Fox-Gal
    I know I'm a little late answering this but I just am getting back to posting.

Anyway, I've had 12 Boxer in my life and not one of them kissed. So I don't know why they say Boxer's are kissers cause none of mine ever have been. That why I have that statment on the bottom of my sig. It's a rare and special honer to be kissed by a Boxer.

Now being drooled on is a different thing. lol
    Come to think of it, my dad's boxer, Joe doesn't kiss. He's the sweetest friendliest guy in the world, but I have never seen him kiss anyone.

Thank you Wolfie!

Thanks everyone, he does show his love in other ways!

Also, Libby, none of them kissed?! , I think a boxer hug from Tuffy would make up for a kiss

Originally posted by Shelteez2
    If you want you could train him to kiss you on command. Put a bit of peanut butter, butter, cream cheese etc, on you cheek and say "kiss" and let him lick it off. You've done some clicker training with him right? You could click and treat as he licks it off.
    Have tried that already , but it doesnt work without the peanut butter

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Both Tommy and Tasha are pretty kissy dogs, but their kisses are different. Tasha tends to give little excited baby kisses when she's happy, or sometimes she gets all motherly and does the foot or hand cleaning routine where she methodically drags her tongue over and over across the area she's "cleaning." My RB Cody was the same way about giving hand/foot baths.

Tommy's kisses tend to be more slurpy, but he's never been as much of a "cleaner."

My RB Willie was the first dog I had who was never much of a kisser. He kissed perhaps 3 people in his life, one being myself, and they were always brief little baby kisses.

Isn't it fascinating how different they all are in how they express affection?
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Originally posted by DogLover9501
    Thanks everyone, he does show his love in other ways!

Also, Libby, none of them kissed?! , I think a boxer hug from Tuffy would make up for a kiss
    Not one of them! And yes Tuffy's hugs make up for it, he has a special hug he gives, so there is no question's that he loves us.

Oz and Gully mainly give Nose Nudges, but Gully will kiss me on the nose and behind the ear too. More like nibbily kisses vs slurpy ones, which is a-okay with me. Oz will lick my arm and hand from time to time and every once in awhile, he loses his head and kisses me on the nose.

Murph, mainly gives finger kisses. He's never been kissy, but somewhere along the way, we came to a compromise with me sticking my index finger up and him kissing it. Every once in awhile he'll lose his head too and give a nose kiss.

Maddie was the most kissy kissy. I had to actually teach her to only kiss on the nose and when "Enough" was enough. When she was a puppy, we played kind of a "Gotcha" game. I'd stick my face right in hers and then pull back before she could kiss me. Oh she loved the challenge of trying to get a kiss in. We got to where we'd watch each other out of the corner of our eyes, trying to out maneuver the other. I had a friend, who took care of M&M, while I was a vacation and I forgot to mention the "Gotcha" game. The friend was leaning over to fill up the food bowl and wasn't paying attention to Maddie. I'm sure Maddie thought my friend understood the rules of the "Gotcha" game. Imagine both their surprise when Maddie jumped up to kiss her in the face and my friend didn't pull back. Busted Lip for my friend.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

I don't know why... but Nicki isn;t a kissy dog wither. She just won't. I am shocked the few times she will! Sometimes a pet lover will visit my house and ask Nicki for a kiss. Nicki gives her paw instead. So its a comedy routine of someone saying "Nicki, give me a kiss" and Nicki slapping her paw in the hand! It'll go on until the person gives up. Nobody's ever gotten a kiss from her though - ewven the people who say "no dog has ever NOT given me a kiss" Well, they haven't met Nicki!