Thread: Hotspots and Haircuts

Hotspots and Haircuts

Hey y'all...

Chloe had to get a haircut today. We woke up this morning, and realised my baby had a hot spot on her side. We think it pretty much appeared overnight, since neither my gf nor myself saw it last night when we fed the kids. She needed a groom, but since she's a pretty long haired dog, we decided to let her skin breathe since the weather has been so icky and got her shaved. My poor baby is NEKKID!! I couldn't help it, I had to laugh! I know the hot spot bothers her, but we've got it medicated and all, but dang, does she look funny all shaved down! At least I can prove to people that she really wasn't fat, it really was just hair! So, without further ado.... here ya go! I threw in a before pic, since I hardly get any pics of her, not everyone may know what she looked like. Feel free to giggle if you want.

Before....

Arthur, Anna and Charlie would NOT leave her alone when she got home. And the cats kept looking at her like she had lost a bet or something. hehehe

A pic that actually shows the hot spot.. My little girl has a boo boo!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

That's a bad Hot Spot but I think Chloe looks cute with her new haircut.

Thank You Popcornbird for the wonderful siggy!

On my honor I will try to serve dogs in my country, to help dogs at all times, and to live by the Dog Scout Law.
    I will do my best to be honest and fair to dogs, friendly and helpful to dogs, considerate and caring to dogs, courageouss and strong to dogs, responsible for what I say and do to dogs, and to respect myself and other dogs, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Dog Scout.
    -Dog Scouts

Chloe is soooo cute!!! I always thought she was a big dog, but now I see that she has adorable short little corgi legs.

We don't get to see pics of your crew often enough! Thanks for sharing!

Chloe, you look adorable in your new "summer cut".

Awwwwww! She is sooo cute!!! I really like the new haircut, but she didn't look bad furry either

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

How Cute!!!
    Hey Chole... You'll be the one laughing when your staying nice and cool this summer!!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Awww Chloe looks adorable with her new haircut, i also thought she was a lot beigger than she actually is.

Ouch Hotspots are such a pain, my Clover used to always get them as a youngster but thankfully grew out of it and does not get them anymore. I hope Chloe is feeling alot better soon.

{{Hugs for Chloe}}
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Oh dang, a hot spot Poor Chloe. I hope it gets better soon.

I think she looks absolutely adorable with her new hair cut, kinda like my Huney did when she got hers!

Kisses to you Chloe....and I would never ever laugh at you

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I LOVE the smooth cool look of shaved dogs. And getting the air to the skin (as well as any medication) will be very good for her.

I think it's too funny how so many people thought Chloe was a big dog! LoL i could've sworn I said she was a corgi/chow/retriever mix... Makes me wonder if anyone ever pays attention whenever I DO post pics. hehehe She says thank you to everyone for not laughing, or at least, just chuckling softly. hehehehe
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

my boy looks EXACTLY like that...he was shaved a couple days ago...I'll send a before and after pic tonight to prove it!

So cute! Sorry bout the hot spot sweetie Hugs!
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

aww!!! Chloe... I love your new haircut! It is very in style for the summer and you look very good sporting it! I am sorry about your hot spot and I hope it feels better soon! {{{Hugs!}}}

Carly

p.s.I love your fluffy tail!

by the way... Chloe kind of looks like my aunts dog, Ginger, she is a corgi mix too!(sorry for the quality I took a picture of a picture!)