Thread: What helps a bad foot?!

What helps a bad foot?!

Okay, like....5 years ago, I broke my left foot playing tag, it bothers me ALL the time since then.

It only acts up for certain reasons, like when I walk longer than usual, walk through the mall/gorcery store..etc

I have a foot/ankle brace that I wear alot, usually after I do those things, but sometimes that doesn't help much.

It holds me back from ALOT of things(jogging, walking much/far, running...etc)

Any other things that could help?

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

If you find a miracle cure, let me know! I blew out both my knees playing softball, basketball and dancing and now I practically no cartilage left. So I'm in pretty much the same predicament you are. All my excercise has to be low impact, I can't do weight training or run or anything. I can walk, but I can usually only do one round around the park (a little less than 3 miles) before my knees start snap-crackle-popping.

I'm only 25 and my body is falling apart. blah... The only thing I can think of to suggest is before you do anything excercise-wise, take a couple ibuprofen (as long as you're not allergiv to it). It will help with pain and swelling.

Do you know how long it's been since I've played tag??? Where do the years go!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

I swear by Celebrex. I take it for my shoulder and knees. I told my mom to take it for years. She finally tried it, and it has changed her life. She can do so much more.

It's an arthritis medication normally prescribed to older folks, but it's awesome. It doesn't upset your stomach like those pain killers and/or anti-inflammatories. Ask you doctor for a sample.

Thank you Wolfie!

well I had surgury on my left ankle for taring legiments while playin basketball....and I will have to have surgury on the ohter before probuly I am out of highschool(I am a shophmore)and I had to do what the coaches told me when it first happened stick my foot in a BUCKET OF SLUCH and wait for like 15 min. take it out and walk on it and talk about HURT and I have a high tollaerance to pain so I am with Heiz if you find a way please let me know
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

you're falling apart?

Originally posted by heinz57_79
    If you find a miracle cure, let me know! I blew out both my knees playing softball, basketball and dancing and now I practically no cartilage left. So I'm in pretty much the same predicament you are. All my excercise has to be low impact, I can't do weight training or run or anything. I can walk, but I can usually only do one round around the park (a little less than 3 miles) before my knees start snap-crackle-popping.

I'm only 25 and my body is falling apart. blah... The only thing I can think of to suggest is before you do anything excercise-wise, take a couple ibuprofen (as long as you're not allergiv to it). It will help with pain and swelling.

Do you know how long it's been since I've played tag??? Where do the years go!
    Heinz 57_79.I'm the guy that should be falling apart at 55! not you at25!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    What helps a bad foot?

OBEDIENCE TRAINING!

Where was Richard on that one?

LOL Im also falling apart at 17

Tonya-My foot doesn't exactly pain much, its just tender to walk on or move, so I'm not sure if a medication for pain would still help at all?

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by DogLover9501
    LOL Im also falling apart at 17

Tonya-My foot doesn't exactly pain much, its just tender to walk on or move, so I'm not sure if a medication for pain would still help at all?
    Have you seen a doctor for it recently? It shouldn't still be tender to walk on 5 years later, maybe something else is wrong ...

Originally posted by Karen
    Have you seen a doctor for it recently? It shouldn't still be tender to walk on 5 years later, maybe something else is wrong ...
    Yes, I have also had x-rays and all that stuff, nothing ever shows up

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by DogLover9501
    Yes, I have also had x-rays and all that stuff, nothing ever shows up
    I did too and mine didn't show up till I had a MRI
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

Falling apart...

Oy I know the feeling...I hit 40 and six months later I feel 20 years older! I've had arthritis in my shoulders for years. Sprained my ankle ten years ago and it still bothers me too. Got run over by a bike messenger! Swimming has helped alot for me. Non-impact sports seem to be the answer. Bike riding and horse back has also been great. Strengthens upper legs without hurting below the knee.
    Hope you feel better.
    Claudia

i might have RIGHT what you all need. My mother is selling it on EbAy.com for someone. I use it for my JRA (Junior Rumitiode Arthiritis) I'll check on the bottle and get back to you!(And it REALLY does work! )

Here is what it cures-

Quickly Relieves: WORK OUT PAIN, Back, Neck, Arthritis Pain, Muscle, Knee, Foot, Sports, Injuries, Sciatica, Headaches, Fibromyalgia, Osteoporosis, Bursitis, Burns, Tendonitis, Insect Bites, Sprains and Strains.

Reducing: Inflammation, Scarring, Stretch Marks, Varicose Veins, and Age Strains.

Stimulating: the Circulatory System, returning stressed, fatigued muscles, joints and tendons to normal.

So if you want some just private message me. But you will have to pay sorry.

my dad has been looking for kittens for a long time we had one like that but he ran away maybe i will ask my dad

I like the bottom one

Thank You Popcornbird for the wonderful siggy!

On my honor I will try to serve dogs in my country, to help dogs at all times, and to live by the Dog Scout Law.
    I will do my best to be honest and fair to dogs, friendly and helpful to dogs, considerate and caring to dogs, courageouss and strong to dogs, responsible for what I say and do to dogs, and to respect myself and other dogs, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Dog Scout.
    -Dog Scouts