Thread: Cold?

Cold?

Gigi has not been throwing up since Sat. But I think she has a cold??? She has been sneezing quite a bit for the past few days. And she was sniffling and the "reverse" cough thing (I don't know what it's called. But she is sucking in air.) Other than that she is fine. Any advise on what I should do? Why or where did she get it? (Day care??) I HATE to take her to the vet again.

Thanks.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

It sounds more like an allergy. Usually colds don't produce too much sneezing. That's usually from an irritant (allergen) in the nasal passages. Same thing with the reverse sneezing; a lot of reverse sneezing is from allergy drainage. Can you call your vet and ask them what the dosage would be for Gigi for benadryl?

Chester weighs about 11 lbs and he takes a 25 mg benadryl twice a day, but you should call your vet since Gig may need less.

I'm sure glad she's not throwing up anymore!

Thanks for your help, Micki. I will call the vet tomorrow. Another thing is I just got a Ionic Breezer Air Purifier at home and you would think it should stop any sneezing.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

I want one of those! Maybe in time it wil help her. Millie's been itchy lately adn has lost some more hair on her black spots. She actually gets an antihistimine called chlortrimeton. Benadryl doesn't work for her.

I have a small plugged-in one in the living room (where Gigi hang out most of the time). I just had it like 2 days ago...hopefully that will help. Does Millie has to take the medicine everyday?
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Some weeks she takes it everyday. Some weeks she doesn't need it at all. This month she's been really itchy.

I hope Gigi feels better soon. Allergies suck!

I have made an appointment for her tomorrow. I will know what to do tomorrow. I am sure Gigi will be THRILLED to go see the doc again.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

im not sure about the sneezing and coughing... but when Gigi is doing the "reverse cough" you nneed to open his mouth and he should stop. usually meeka does that when she has had too much water or when she drinks too fast. But I hope Gigi is feeling better soon!

Just so everyone knows, dogs do not catch colds. If a dog is sneezing, or has a runny nose, it could be allergies, pnemonia, kennel cough, cancer, and some other doggie syndromes.A dog's natrually higher body temperature doesn't allow a cold virus to survive and also their cells are not the right "host" for cold germs.
    Go to :
    www.canidae.com for the best dog and cat foods ever made!!! It did wonders on my pet.