Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We've began training for the Great Outdoor games, plus tricks and treats for Freckles

We've began training for the Great Outdoor games, plus tricks and treats for Freckles

Well we got our first real "attention" toy for Freckles yesterday to begin training for the great outdoor games jumping contest. I am sure many of you have seen this on television. In fact it was just on the other day. hehe We picked a long rope with a tire connected to it. Along with this we are going to our first agility and flyball demonstration this Sunday. Whoo hoo! Freckles has got some great drive and I really feel she will excede in these type of sports. I am VERY excited about the great outdoor games though. Training takes a long time. We will start training in the pool and then gradually take her out furthur into the lake to train there.

We've also been working on her clicker training and so far she knows the following tricks:

Shake (left and right paw)
    High Five
    Sit
    Sit Stay
    Down
    Roll Over
    Speak
    ( I forgot come LOL)
    and we are working on Bang, as in playing dead. OOOH another REALLY COOL trick I taught her is "eyes", where I get her to look into my eyes. All I have to do is say "eyes" and she looks me right in the face. It's a great way to get your dogs attention. I will try to get some videos of her performing her treats, but I am not sure exactly how to get videos on here so if anyone could help me out that would be great.
    Last edited by luckies4me; 07-21-2004 at 11:28 AM.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Also we've been working on getting her to hold things in her mouth and walking to a mark. The clicker has been a wonderful tool. Next trick after that will be to jump through a hoola hoop! Hopefully we can get her to do this LOL! She's doing good on holding the paper too being so young. She actually doesn't try to eat it. Now if only I can get her to hold a treat on her nose instead of grabbing it.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

No replies like usual.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

It sounds like you and Freckles are having a great time together, I was going to reply earlier but then I had to take Tango to her vet appointment.

Woohoo! Good job, Freckles!

Clicker Training is awesome, isn't it? I swear, it's like a God.

How 'bout some new pictures of the pretty girl. Please?

I would also love to see pics of freckles! I love her colouring and she is such a cute pup.

OK, I have some new ones of her chewing on the big bone I got her and some of her all tuckered out, puppy style! Thanks for replying guys.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

AWW! That's so awesome! I love the Great Outdoor Games, I wanted to go, since it was in Madison, but we were busy. That would be cool if one day I was watching it and you were on there!!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    AWW! That's so awesome! I love the Great Outdoor Games, I wanted to go, since it was in Madison, but we were busy. That would be cool if one day I was watching it and you were on there!!
    I know! LOL This is like my dream, hehe. Freckles has actually been pretty naughty lately, well today. She is dominating the two huskies out back and will just not leave them alone. She got so bad I had to bring her inside. She keep shumping them and just attacking them. Not agressively, but to show them who's boss LOL. They are twice as big as her, but she must have some attitude for them to bow down to the little old Freckles. She's definitely not as big as I thought she was going to be being 3/4 lab. I thought she would be more on the labish side of weight and height, but she is a lot shorter. Her face is looking more labish every day though. You really need a dog!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I wish I could go to the outdoor games with Tango but it is way too far away from where I live!

Cass she sounds like such a bright little girl! I'm so happy this is working out so well for you. It's obvious how very much she has come to mean to you already. Can't wait for updated pics, she's SUCH a cutie!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

OK, here are some new photos. I got her some bones from work and she really loves them!

She kinda looks like a dachsy here LOL!

As you can see she loves her bone.

And here is one of her all stretched out getting ready for a nap. Isn't her tongue so cute?

Hope you enjoyed the pics.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Oh my gosh, she's the CUTEST little puppy! Awww.. what a sweetheart. I love her unique merle coloring.
    Last edited by GoldenRetrLuver; 07-21-2004 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I love Freckles! I also love her beautiful merle colouring, I hope I can get a dog with that same colouring one day. Freckles is also such a smart girl! she is soooo adorable.