Hi all!

Tori and I went to our 2nd obedience class tonite. It went much better than the first class. The first class wasn't too bad, but Tori just did not want to pay any attention to me. She was hyper and much more interested in what all the other doggies were doing. So Patty, the trainer, told me I had to bring a much higher value treat that meant more to her than what Hannah or Dylan was doing on each side of her...lol. Don't get me wrong every time Patty came around to us to ask Tori to do something Tori paid attention to her and did what she was suppose to do...BUT...as soon as Patty left to go check in with the other doggies Tori would not pay any attention to me and practice with me. I would hold a treat right at her nose and she would actually look over or under my hand being little miss nosey!! We practiced it all week at home with regular treats and tonite when we went to class I was loaded with little pieces of hot dog and cheese!!!! It worked!! She did very well in class tonite and I am so proud of her. She is still hyper and sometimes it took some time to get her attention focused on me but she was much better and in my opinion she is a little star!!! In the 2 classes we have worked on "watch" where she has to look right at me for the next signal, then "touch" where she has to touch my hand with her nose. I'm actually not for sure what the purpose of that is though...lol...just so I know she is close by maybe I'll have to ask Patty again. "Take It" so she knows when she is allowed to have a treat or toy or just anything. "Off" so she knows she is not allowed to touch something. "Leave It" also so she knows she is not allowed to have something and last but not least "Sit" which is done with a single hand signal and no words. Tori does them all! Not always perfect but usually close to it. By the end of the class though she had enough treats and was bored and back to looking all around but this time from the relaxing position of laying on her belly...LOL. She was tired and had enough. I love this little girl and had so much fun with her tonite!!

Thanks for listening!!!....Robin