Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another angel has crossed to the Bridge

Gio, I just saw your post. Please allow me to extend to you my deepest sympathy. It seems to me that no matter how long a life or short of the pets that I have lost - it was never enough time. 18 years - it is just like losing a child. My very first cat, Sugar lived to be 18. I miss his sweetness even today.

The Rainbow Bridge must be just like love - there is always room for one more. What tender last few days you had. I understand your loss.

I'm sooo sorry! I know it's so hard to let them go, especially after such a long time. At least he doesn't have to suffer anymore...

Kirsten

Dear Gio. I also wrote you a note on the prayer request thread. I am heartsick and so saddened to hear of the passing of precious Gigio. And sweet little Maya and Prema. I know you miss your furpal so. And my heart goes out to your parents as well. Please give them my love. I hope our father is getting better. My heart is so filled with sadness this week it is almost overwhelming. I lost my kitty Lizzy of 19 years this past Christmas. No matter how long we are privileged and blessed to have them in our lives, it is never long enough. Bless you little Gigio. Your mommy will miss you so until you are together again. Gio, until then, hold tightly to the beautiful memories you shared those many years. Let them flood into your heart and fill that sad, empty space until you see his precious face again. My family sends all of our love, sympathy and prayers to you and your family during this very sad time.
    Love, Sandra
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For Gio, Staci, and everyone who has lost a precious furkid.
    God Bless Our Pets

They say memories are golden
    Well, yes, this may be true
    I never wished for memories
    I only wanted you

A million times I needed you
    A million times I cried
    If love alone could save you
    You never would have died

In life I loved you dearly
    In death I love you still
    In my heart you hold a special place
    No one can ever fill

If tears could build a stairway
    And heartache pave a lane
    I'd walk the path to heaven
    And bring you back again

Our family chain is broken
    And nothing seems the same
    But as God calls us one by one
    The chain will link again

author...
    ANNONYMOUS

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

When I first came to PetTalk, Gigio was the first name I saw...I thought it was a very sweet name.

I am so sorry for this loss. You did the right thing by peacefully allowing Gigio to go to animal heaven...you really did. You loved this precious angel enough to put his needs first.

You are in my prayers for your sadness to lift and only the happy times to stay. I am really sorry...

God Bless.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Sandra,
    thank you so much for the beautiful poem. I will take it home along with all the other messages and translate it for my family. My parents have taken it rather badly, my father being old and ill himself was very upset and my mon, who insisted to be alone with him his during his last minutes, cries every time she thinks of him. Things are slowly getting better and they now start to talk about their memories.

NoahsMummy,
    Gigio is a sweet name even though it's the name of ...a mouse. I can't recall who called him that (we were all livng home at that time) but whoever it was decided to name him after a puppet who was rather popular. Once he was sleeping, that program was on, someone on the telly just shouted "Gigio", the cat woke up with a jump and looked at us as if he wanted to say " It wasn't me, I was sleeping honest!"

Gio,

I'm so sorry to learn of the loss of your beloved Gigio. But I am happy he has other special friends from PetTalk already there to greet him on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. They will all play together there, with the perfect health of kittens.

Dianne

Gio,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss of Gigio.....our prayers are with you and your family.

Snowy and Jordan

It is so hard to lose a beloved pet, but you can take some solace in the fact that you provided a wonderful home for a special animal.
    My thoughts are with you.

Gio, I just found out that my cousin had to out her cat of 6 years to sleep. He had feline luekemia. And a girl I work with had to put her 9 year old Golden to sleep in the end of August and another guy I work with his 2 year old rottie died a month ago.
    I hope they are all playing at the bridge together.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Staci, I hope they joined the rest of them. GIgio hated being on his own.

Words cannot express at a time like this how much sorrow you are feeling I am sure. Our sypathy goes out to you. Their little humans in furry bodies. Their our children and I am sure your baby is in heaven. Take care and remember the good times.
    Misty's Mom

Gio . . . wasn't Topo Gigio the name of the mouse puppet on the Ed Sullivan show a zillion years ago?? If that is his namesake, I'm sure he is entertaining all the Rainbow Bridge furkids until you both meet again.

I'm so sorry to read of your loss, and just want to extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Yes, you're right... Topo Gigio is the puppet that appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show