Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Getting Married!!!!

Won't it be hard to be married "in Lake Tahoe?" unless all the members of the wedding party tread water really well? Just had to tease ... I know it's the name of more than the Lake itse;lf, but that's what srung immediately to mind!

Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Congrats! My parents were married at Lake Tahoe

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Congrats! That is very exciting news I'm so happy for you!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Congratulations!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Thanks guys!

We, well really I, want to get married somewhere else besides here in Texas. Texas is not my favorite place, plus it is so darn hot most of the time. I think it's a bit more romantic to go away to get married, and it forces the wedding to be small, without hurting people's feelings (hopefully). I'm a very shy person, so the idea of standing up in a church full of people, some of whom you probably aren't even that close to, scares me . Since Tahoe is so cold, I may push it back to April or May. I do want it cold, but not below freezing . Plus I was thinking I do not know how far in advance wedding reservations have to be booked. I want to avoid a summer wedding, but I do not want to wait all the way until next fall to get married. It's time to get this show on the road. It would be us (of course), our parents (two sets on each side as both of our parents are divorced and either remarried or in a relationship), my grandma (she's the only grandparent left), my two uncles and their wives and a cousin of mine and my mom's that we are close to. I'll probably have my mom be the maid of honor. And I bet Mike has his or my dad as his best man.

Soooo, on Friday, Mike was acting extremely sweet all day, notthat he's not normally . He called me at work and took me to lunch. He mentioned while we were there, that he was going to have , lunch with my dad next week. I started to grin, cause my first thought was he is going to ask for my hand in marriage. We've been talking about getting married for over a year now, but a huge problem is Mike is not the wealthiest of men and he's been trying to save for a ring . Then later on he called and said he was going to have drinks with my dad instead around 5 pm. I told him what I thought my dad would think (about asking for my hand) and the little stinker played it off REALLY well. He started saying, oh no, I hope not, now I feel bad. Maybe I should call him and tell him I can't go. Later that night he took me out for Sushi (my favorite) and when we got home, he got down on his knee and popped the question. I had told him I did not want a public scene in one of our conversations and he had remembered that which is why he didn't ask at the restaurant (good man). I don't even know if I let him finish asking before I started screaming and jumping up and down.

I'll post a picture of the ring later on in the week.

We've been together two and a half years and have lived together almost two of those years. I'm really excited to start life as a married couple. I think we may take some classes at a church or something since they have you address those questions you do not think about. I'm so excited I can't sleep too well right now .
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Congratulations!! Now you know we'll need lots of pictures ...

Congratulations, the way he proposed is so romantic. Keep us posted on your plans and I wish you the best of luck. --- Meg

Congratulations!
    Oreo and Molly

Congrats!!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Congratulations!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Congrats!!! Hey, tahoe is right in my backyard! I'll be looking forward to pix!

Here's the ring

Half carat (sp?), round stone. Simple and elegant, at least I think

Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

CONGRATULATIONS! and let the pictures begin!!!!!!!

Congratulations,and Best Wishe,From The Feeder,and All The Found Cats,Stary cats and Pet Angel Army!And Karina,and Her 5 Babies!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS