Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My friend died in a head on collision last Thursday :(

My friend died in a head on collision last Thursday :(

I just got news that a very close friend to our family, my older brothers best friend who I have known what seems like an eternity, Josh, had passed away last Thursday in a head on collision while riding in his sisters car. I am in total shock. They were driving down Ball Road and Knott Avenue Intersection when a lady in front of them (coming the other way) was smacked by another car who zoomed out of a driveway really fast and hit her car. It hit her car and made her go out of control. Her car hit my friends car head on. The guy who hit her car got away!!! He just drove off! The girl who got hit (that hit my friends car) is in critical condition. We are waiting for an update. My friend and his sister, the one that was driving the car were killed instantly, or so we are hoping. They had a friend in the back who too is in critical condition.

Josh was always the sweetest guy. My brother and him did EVERYTHING together. He was my age, so young. I am so sad. He left behind a 3 year old and his girlfriend Shey, who is 5 1/2 months pregnant with their second child. I am crying as I type this. I just can't believe it. He was so young. He had everything going for him. I've known both Shey and him for so long. Shey and I actually went to church together when I was in highschool. How sad for her to lose her boyfriend when pregnant, and having to take care of their other child alone. I don't know when the funeral is but I do not think I will be able to make it. It is in California. My brother is very very very upset. I do not know if he has told my father yet. He would go visit my father with Josh a lot. I found out from my mother this morning. God I don't know what to do. I cannot believe this happened and I cannot believe the guy who started this just drove away! My mom said they should be able to track him down from the damage to the car.

Please pray for my brother. He just lost his best friend, and myself a very close friend as well. Please too pray for Shey. Pray that she can get through this pregnancy and that she and her 3 year old and unborn child can make it through all of this.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

OMg... How horrible. I'm so sorry for your loss and your brother's loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to Shey, and his children.

THings like that never make sense. Why would someone want to take away someone so young, with a family? I hope everyone can draw strength from each other in this time of grief.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

I can't imagine being their parents, losing two children in one day.

Thank you for the prayers. I just hope they find the guy who started this!!!!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I am so sorry to hear that. I will pray for their friends and family.

Thank you Wolfie!

My thoughts and prayers for the family.

I do hope they catch the guy that did it.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

That's the way of the world... In drunk driving tragedies, it's usually the sober party that either ends up dying or seriously injured while the intoxicated driver barely has a bruise. My guess is the story will hit the papers, and even if they dont catch the guy, he'll have to live with this on his conscience for the rest of his life. With any luck, it will drive him nuts.

Is your brother holding up alright?
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Originally posted by heinz57_79
    That's the way of the world... In drunk driving tragedies, it's usually the sober party that either ends up dying or seriously injured while the intoxicated driver barely has a bruise. My guess is the story will hit the papers, and even if they dont catch the guy, he'll have to live with this on his conscience for the rest of his life. With any luck, it will drive him nuts.

Is your brother holding up alright?
    You know, I wonder if it was in the paper. I should be able to get it online right? I think it's the Orange County Register that should have it. If anyone finds anything about it please let me know! I would like to get as much information as I can. I am unsure about my brother. I have yet to talk to him.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I found their website and I think the story might be on the front page. I don't know yet as I have to read it first, but they are making me register in order to read anything.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

OK that was something different so never mind. I am looking for some kind of story though. Perhaps in the obituaries they might have something so you can see what a handsome man Josh was.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Wow. That's all I can say. Sad.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

They want me to pay $1.95 just to read something! Is anyone near OC California that can try to find something for me PLEASE!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I'm so sorry to hear about that! That is so sad, I will pray for the family and friends.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

They want you to PAY to read something?? Geez... extortion at its worst. I'd be surprised if it wasn't in the paper. Something like that is usually a good story, sad as it is. Have you tried looking for local news stations to see if they have a clip? There might have been something on the news.
    -- Immanuel Kant

I can't stop crying. I found the article now. OMG this is so stupid!

I can't believe it is true.

Friday, July 16, 2004

2 killed, 4 hurt in Anaheim crash
    Police search for a gold-colored Toyota or Honda that collided with a pickup that veered into a second car.

By JOHN McDONALD
    The Orange County Register

ANAHEIM – The two people killed Thursday in a possible hit-run accident were identified today as Josh Michael Adams, 22, and Amber Nicole Perkins, 14, both of Cypress.
    Both were passengers in a 1993 Honda Civic that was involved in a multi-vehicle crash along the 3100 block of West Ball Road shortly before 9 p.m. Three other people in the Civic were seriously injured. Police said their conditions did not appear to be life-threatening.

Police gave this account of the crash:

A 1995 GMC Sonoma was headed east on Ball when a car, likely a small, gold-colored Toyota or Honda, coming the opposite way turned in front of the Sonoma onto Courtright Street, and there was a collision.

The other driver left the scene before police arrived.

After hitting the first car, the Sonoma veered into oncoming traffic and hit the Civic carrying five people. Both vehicles came to rest after hitting two unoccupied cars parked in a private driveway.

The Sonoma turned over on its side but the two occupants were not badly hurt.

In addition to the two dead, the injured in the Civic included the driver, a 49-year-old man, a 15-year-old girl and a 21-year-old man.

Drugs or alcohol were not believed to be a factor in the crash.

Police are seeking the driver of the car that left the scene.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

OMG, i'm so sorry, that had to happen to him and his family. i can't even imagine how you guys must feel. they'r eprobly find the guy who did it, with technology today, they can find almost anything, if his car left paint on car, they can trace that, and they can measure the height and force. or maybe the guy will feel guilty enough to turn himself in.