Thread: Pet insurance

Pet insurance

Has anyone purchased pet insurance? After my experience with Magic and his need for chemotherapy which was expensive, I thought about it. I thought about it only because someone knew someone else that had purchased it or was selling it.

Before I could decide I found out that Patches had kidney disease and she was treated by the vet without benefit of insurance.

Has anyone had experience with it, and what are your thoughts in general.

Thanks!!

Hi! I use Premier Pet Insurance and it is rated the best Pet insurance by a number of studies and polls. Here's the address. You can actually submit some basic info., medical history, etc. and get the rates on three different scopes of coverage for your furkid. With five furry critters here, it has been a blessing! Let me know what you think! Sandra

www.ppins.com

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Spencer, I just had the scare of my life! I logged on to Premier Pet's website and tried to get a quote for insurance for Charlie. I submitted my info and the thing came back with a rate of $91.30. I guess for Texas they give you the monthly rate and for NY they give you the yearly rate. I had to call just to make sure I wasn't crazy. I mean, I know it's expensive to live in New York, but come on!

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

This is very interesting, and thanks for the info, Sandra. Mimi doesn't qualify for coverage, and the basic protection for Honey, Lilly and Butter would run me approximately $31/month. This includes prescriptions, but not preventatives, and a few of their shots.
    I'll be interested in hearing more of what you guys think. It is obviously more expensive for me because of the dogs.