Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gully Update -- Handful of Pics...

Gully Update -- Handful of Pics...

Big dog day today. First took Oz and Murph to the vet. I took them together hoping Murph's excitement would rub off on Oz and he wouldn't be as scared. It did help a lil', but it's still not Oz's favorite place to be. Murph was his normal happy, peppy self. The vet mentioned wanting a Cairn Terrier now, because of Murph. He is a charmer that boy.

Then I took Gully to puppy class. Had a lil' obstacle course competition. The dog's had to "Sit"'... "Down"... Run through a tunnel..."Wait"... Go over a jump... Stay... Then while the dog's in the "Stay", we handlers had to go put on a big Rabbit head (and yes you read that right)... Go get our dogs from the Stay... Have them heel up to a bone... Get them to "Take" the bone... Heel over to a bowl and "Drop" the bone in the bowl... Finally we get to take off the Rabbit head... Go back over the jump... and Through the tunnel.

Each obstacle was worth different levels of points. The tunnel was the highest with 40. Gully was the only dog that would run through the tunnel without any coaxing or pushing. We had an unfair advantage there though, I'm sure. I haven't done any specific agility training on Gull, but he runs through the tunnel at home on his own all the time. So he was really the only dog, who wasn't afraid of it.

I could not get him to take the bone. Ah Collies they're such dainty things. The part I was worried about was approaching him with that dang Rabbit head on. He did give a few barks at me, but then he came right up to me. Oz in the same situation, probably would have made a run for the parking lot, so I was really thrilled, that he bounced back from being scared of it so quickly.

Anyway, Gull ended up winning, due to our unfair advantage with the tunnel. I think we're going to do something similar next week, so we'll have to practice Take It. Anybody got any training suggestions on that, I'm all ears.

Here's a few pics of Gull on the way home. We stopped at Sonic to celebrate.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Gully is so adorable!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Wow. I just don't know why, but Gully kind of reminds me of Tony! Wonder what it is? heheh

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

maybe its the ears!!! lol! what a cutie pie you are Gully! I love that big nose of yours! It is just too adorable I want to give you a big kiss!!!

I love seeing pictures of Gully, he is such a handsome dog!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Gosh, I can never see enough of your collies, I love smooth collies! Great pics!
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

Gully, you are the sweetest puppy! I love the pictures of him in the sunshine with his big wet nose.

Congrats on a job well done Gully! I love his gorgeous blue eyes...and ears...and coloring...and everything else.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Great Pics!!!

Gully is Gorgeous!!!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Gully is so gorgeous! I love all the coloring and his eyes are so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Re: Gully Update -- Handful of Pics...

Originally posted by ParNone
    I'm all ears.

LOL! Looks like Gully is the one with the ears I love his ears!!!

He's so adorable! I'm glad to hear that you guys won the competiton (even with an unfair advantage ).

Good Luck on the next one

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Wow. I think I'm in love.

What a handsome, handsome boy you have there.

Glad he did a great job! But, I just have to ask.. why did you have to wear a "rabbit head"?

Gully sure is a honey!!!

Pity the "happy bug" did not rub off on Oz!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Thanks y'all!!! Collie Nose Nudges to everybody!

Cute pic stacwase! Gotta love those dogs with the big ears.

hola GoldenRetrLuver! I think the reasoning behind the Rabbit head, other then for the amusement of the instructor , was to see how well your dog reacted to something new and strange and to perform under a distraction.

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Ohhh wow look at how much Gully has grown what a handsome young man. Beautifull photos. Thankyou for sharing them with us and congratulations on kicking butt in the competition .

We (Handlers) also had to put masks and heads on at puppy pre school, Elvis just looked at me with a look of "I know its you Mum" LOL.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*