Thread: Loss of a beloved friend

Loss of a beloved friend

I lost a beloved furry friend yesterday. I really have no one to share this news with who would understand the deep sadness and sense of loss I feel. I hope you don't mind if I mention this here, but I don't want her passing to go unmarked. I know the people who come to this site will have a sense of what it means to loose a dear pet. Please say a little prayer for Cricket. Thank you.
    alice

Alice,

I am so sorry about Cricket. One of the reasons I hesitated for many, many years to get a pet was I knew the pain you are feeling would be in my future. But I now know the love, affection, amusement, and entertainment of sharing your life with a pet so compensates!

My thoughts and prayers are with you in your sorrow.

I am really very sorry for your loss. I know you must miss Cricket so much. Can you tell us a little about Cricket?
    margaret

Saima and Miko

Alice,
    I'm so sorry to hear about Cricket! Bless your heart. Just seems like it has been a bad weekend for pets. My friend, Betty, lost her George on Friday, a wonderful, but quirky Golden Retriever, and this morning, I heard from another friend, who was in tears, telling me that she and her husband were on their way to the vets office to be with their precious Chesapeake Bay Retriever, while she left for the Rainbow Bridge.

The only comfort I can offer is that Cricket is in a place where she can be happy and healthy. I know in my heart that God gives up a place for these wonderful animals who are so much a part of our lives.....

May God bless you while you grieve.

Logan

I am terriby sorry for your loss, I know how terribly painful it is.

My thoughts are with you. Take care
    Gio

If you haven't heard the Rainbow Bridge story, please go read it - it's here: http://www.newrainbowbridge.com/rbpoem.htm among other places on the web. You may find it comforting in this, your very sad time. Tell us about Cricket, if you can, too, we'd love to hear about her when she was alive and well, as she will remain, always, in your heart.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and thoughts -- I knew the wonderful people who visit this site would understand and know how to say just the right things! You have been enormously helpful. Cricket was one of the sweetest and dearest of kitties (she was also, quite incidentally, extremely beautiful). She did not have an easy life, having been abandoned in the backyards by someone at a relatively old age. She was very frightened and nervous and this made it hard to get close to her. I fed her and provided shelter for her for several years in the backyard before I was finally able to touch her. She became a very important part of my life and I like to think she realized that she had found a secure, loving and caring place with me. My vet said that her x-rays showed evidence of old healed fractures, so who knows what she might have endured. Over the past weeks she seemed to grow weaker and despite the vet's efforts, her little heart finally gave out. Thanks to you, I'll think of her at the Rainbow Bridge, healed and completely happy at last.
    alice

Hi Alice,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It's such a difficult thing to go through.
    I'd also like to say that I think you're wonderful for giving Cricket your love and care...I'm sure you made her very happy and secure in her final years here.
    Thelma

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I think we all understand your loss and share your pain.

I know this is a cliche, but it truly is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Although you will miss Cricket, the memories you have in your heart will always remind you of your special friend.

Mila sends you a big hug!

Originally posted by alice:
    I lost a beloved furry friend yesterday. I really have no one to share this news with who would understand the deep sadness and sense of loss I feel. I hope you don't mind if I mention this here, but I don't want her passing to go unmarked. I know the people who come to this site will have a sense of what it means to loose a dear pet. Please say a little prayer for Cricket. Thank you.
    Alice: I'm really sorry to hear about Cricket. I understand fully your lose. When I lost a furry friend last year I kept his favorite toy for awhile and that seemed to help. Take Care & God Bless
    Pepe's Mom

{{{Alice & Cricket}}} (Cyber hug)

So sorry to hear of your loss. May you find comfort in your happy memories of the joy you shared.

A.L.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

At least you can take comfort knowing that her final years were secure and comfortable thanks to her new loving mom.

Dear Alice, I read your post and tears came to my eyes. I know all about how you are feeling, because just May 14th I lost my sweet 16 1/2 year old calico girl, Patches.
    No matter how old they are when they come into our lives, they just have a way of crawling right into our heart - to stay! How wonderful and dedicated you were to feed her, take care of her and build up her trust in you. I know she loved you dearly for it.

Rest in peace, health and happiness dear Cricket - you were well loved.

My prayers are with you - it is such a heart wrenching time and I understand.

You came to the right place to express your grief and I am glad you felt you could share with all of us.

Dear Alice. My heart is breaking for you and tears are falling. We all know just how devastating it is to lose our beloved furbabies. And we feel and cry for all those here who have suffered a loss, just as though they were our own. You needn't explain a thing. Cricket sounds like such a sweet, gentle, little soul; so pretty, so precious. And God bless you for giving her the best possible chance in life after so much suffering and hardship. I know she must have loved you so, so much. Please know that Cricket is there at the Bridge with my Fritzy and Tuna and Chessa and Lizzie and all the other furbabies who have passed. She is well and whole and happy now and eagerly awaiting her reunion with her loving mommy. I hope the emptiness, the hole in your heart, will soon be filled with the precious, loving memories you shared with little Cricket. My kittys Mr. B and Oliver will say a special prayer tonight for you and for Cricket. Much love to you Alice. You are in my heart and prayers. Love, Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]