Thread: What to do about (mean) noisy neighbors?

What to do about (mean) noisy neighbors?

sorry for being so long-winded!!!
    Ok, so I'm sitting in the recliner watching tv in the living room when.......I look outside the patio doors, to see someone standing in their apartment windows, looking straight into the room watching me! Yes I have curtains there now that I should have pulled but, come on. Who looks into your room at night while your watching tv.....well, them I guess.
    Sorry, you'd have to know the whole story behind it but, I'm not going to bore you. Let's just say we've only lived in our house for 2 years now & have had nothing but grief with these weirdo's!
    Their apartment is directly behind us (actually it's a 4-plex) & unfortunately, we don't have any trees in our fenced-in backyard. We just built a shed last summer but, that only covers the apartment beside them. I've been thinking about buying some huge blue spruce trees, so they can't look over here but, they are soooo expensive!!!!
    It just seems like they enjoy making our lives "h". We've never had problems with people in the past. In fact, I went across the street a couple days ago to talk to a neighbor. She told me to talk to the man next to her (he's in law enforcement) but, I'm afraid to. Like I said......these people are real jerks & they've already caused problems for us. They've threatened to hurt my dogs while I wasn't looking & do things while we are gone during the day. I don't feel that I can trust our town's police....they haven't helped in the past.
    I feel so helpless......my husband doesn't want me to aggrevate the situation because, I can have a real temper & go crazy on these people for even suggesting hurting my dogs or us. I just don't know what to do!

Can you put up a privacy fence? My next door neighbors were always complaining about my dogs "might" bite her grandkids through the chain link, the dogs barking when they were in the yard, etc. I put up a solid wood fence and haven't had a problem since. And the dogs don't bark at what they don't see.

Even a section or two, cleverly placed, could screen their windows.

Mary

Well we already have a 6 foot wooden fence, that's as high as the city will let us go. The noisy's live in an upstairs apartment building so, I guess the only real solution would be getting some big, huge trees back there!
    I guess I better start saving up!

I'd talk to the police and see what they suggest. There ARE laws against stuff like that.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!