Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what are your'e adoption fees in your area.?

what are your'e adoption fees in your area.?

I was just searching Petfinder, torturing myself once again and was amazed at the adoption fees, they seem quite expensive, so wondered what it cost to adopt in your state, country , area.

From the cats protection league, you can adopt a cat for $35 dollars, all de-flead, first vac, and fixed, a kitten for $65.00 SPCA, cost more around Ten dollars more for cat and about the same for a kitten, Human Alternative around $50.00, Dogs I am not so sure about , but I think around $120 to $160.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

at the Ottawa Humane Society (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)

The adoption fee's have gone up alot in the last couple of months.

The adoption fee's are (copied from the site) www.ottawahumane.ca

The cost of adoption is:
    Puppies: $275.00 (under 6 months)
    Dogs: $235.00
    Kittens: $145.00 (under 6 months)
    Cats: $125.00
    Rabbits: $20.00 (Ask about our Spay/Neuter voucher for rabbits.)
    Guinea Pigs: $15.00
    Gerbils/Hamsters/Rats: $8 (singles); $12 (multiples)
    Cockatiels: $40.00
    Budgies: $20.00
    Love Birds: $40.00

and it also says on the site

"These costs include a health check, initial deworming and vaccination, and permanent microchip identification. If the animal is not sterilized this price includes a spay/neuter voucher that covers the cost of the operation."

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

Dogs- $80-250
    Cats- Free- $80
    Reptiles- $30
    Birds- $30-100
    Small Animals- $5-20

It all varies from society to society, but they are pretty close. It mainly depends on the age, breed, etc.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I've only looked into dogs. When I was looking at local humane societies, I believe the cost was $85.00 including having them fixed. I know some shelters with cats would do a "adopt 1 cat, get 1 for free" because they were soooo crowded! Poor babies!!!!!

Ours is kind of different.

For Dogs that were strays, and are over four months of age it's $86.00. For puppies that were strays, that are under four months of age, it's $72.00.

For Dogs over four months of age, that were owned by someone coming into the shelter, it's $81.00. For a Puppy that is under four months of age, and was owned by someone, it's $67.00.

For a Cat that is over four months and was a stray, it's $68.00. For a Kitten that is under four months of age and was a stray, it's $64.00.

For a Cat over four months that was owned by someone, it's $63.00. For a Kitten under four months that was owned by someone, it's $59.00.

Kinda confusing , but that's only one shelter, which is the one I visit the most often. All of these prices incude their spay/neutering.

Glacier

160 for an unaltered dog
    45 if the animal was altered before it came into the shelter.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

well I guess just last augest the prices at our shelter went up lol

ANIMALS THAT ARE ALREADY SPAYED OR NEUTERED:

cat: $30.00

dog: $40.00

NON-STERILIZED ANIMALS:

MALE CAT

Under 6 months: Adoption fee $35.00 + $45.00 neutering fee = Total -- $80.00

6 months to 5 years: Adoption fee $30.00 + $45.00 neutering fee = Total -- $75.00

5 years and over: Adoption fee $15.00 + $45.00 neutering fee = Total -- $60.00

FEMALE CAT

Under 6 months: Adoption fee $35.00 + $80.00 spay fee = Total -- $115.00

6 months to 5 years: Adoption fee $30.00 + $80.00 spay fee = Total -- $110.00

5 years and over: Adoption fee $15.00 + $80.00 spay fee = Total -- $95.00

MALE DOG

Under 6 months: Adoption fee $45.00 + $80.00 neuter fee = Total -- $125.00

6 months to 5 years: Adoption fee $40.00 + $80.00 neuter fee = Total -- $120.00

5 years and over: Adoption fee $20.00 + $80.00 neuter fee = Total -- $100.00

FEMALE DOG

Under 6 months: Adoption fee $45.00 + $87.00 spay fee = Total -- $132.00

6 months to 5 years: Adoption fee $40.00 + $87.00 spay fee = Total -- $127.00

I dont know about the small animals they dont get them in very often, but I got kari after the price increse and she was only $10
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I mainly know for cats.
    County Animal Shelter is $85
    Humane Society is $125
    The rescue I got Jazz and Scout at have gone from $60 for cats to $125.
    The county shelter where my Dad lives is only $25 for altered animals and $60 if unaltered but will refund $35 once you haved them fixed.

From Decker with Love

At the Vancouver pound, where I volunteer at and where I got Kaedyn from, they charge $150 for their dogs. It includes spaying/neutering, shots, microchipping, a petlynx package and any additional (inexpensive) medical treatments. They may charge more due to expensive treatments but for the most part, it's $150.

I'm not sure how much the SPCA charges. I heard it was $10 for small animals. I'm not sure about the cats and dogs though.

The rescues tend to be a bit more expensive. The Border Collie rescue charges close to $300 I think. The Sheltie rescue charges A LOT for their dogs. I think one of the dogs I was interested in costed more than we paid for Kai.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I got this off of their website...

You can view some of these pets by visiting . Our adoption fees for dogs and cats range from $35 to $65 and include:

Spaying or Neutering
    Current Vaccinations
    Microchipping
    Rabies license and tag (Pinellas county residents only)
    De-worming
    Feline FIV/Leukemia testing
    Canine Heartworm exam
    Follow up counseling from our Adoption Support Team

Our new puppy cost $65

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

At the PetSmart where we gort Emily and Eliot, it costs $50 for each kitten and then when you have them neutered, you mail in the proof and get $20 back. Since we adopted both togther as required, we paid $80. In Cincy where we adopted Dylan, it was $65 for him. I am pretty sure dogs are more expensive at both places. We are in Ohio

I'm not sure - we have a lot of shelters in our area. Daphne was free, but we had to pay a $20 fee since she wasn't spayed, and then we got it back after she was.

Some rescues are really expensive though. I understand where their costs are coming from, but sometimes it's cheaper to buy from a breeder than adopt from a rescue or shelter!

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

I don't know the exact fees...

But Roxy came from Norsled sleddog rescue and she was about $250.

Dusty came from the pound and he was about $100.

Ron came from the pound and he was about $45.

Raven came from a Himalayan rescue and she was $100. She was all white with silver tips and looked like some exotic breed as a kitten. Hehe, she turned out to be a pretty alley cat once she matured.

Thank you Wolfie!

At the Humane Society, it costs $80 for all animals.
    It includes:
    spay/neuter
    shots
    worming
    heartworm test (for dogs over 6 mos.)
    and a veterinarian wellness check.

At a shelter called Puddin's Place:
    adult dogs $75
    adult cats $50
    and puppies and kittens $25.
    and their site says this:
    All animals of age are spayed or neutered before they go to their new homes. If underage animals are adopted, the adopter signs a contract agreeing to have the animal altered at the appropriate time, and we follow up on all of these cases to ensure that altering has taken place.

The one of the vet clinics called West End Animal Clinic takes in some animals and adopts them out... their site says:

We do ask for a $25.00 donation to help deflect some of the cost of care and medical treatment. We will ask for a Registration Sheet to be filled out by the new owner so that we know where that animal is going and how to contact you. If, at any time, you decide not to keep a pet from our clinic, please return it to us. Your new pet will be current on vaccinations and spayed or neutered if old enough to do so. If not, we will do this at the appropriate age at no cost to you. If there is a medical problem with that pet, such as heartworm positive, you will be told of it in advance. All dogs are to be given a heartworm preventative year round.

And there is a couple other shelters, but I can't find what it says the costs are to adopt on their sites.

Most rescues here charge between $100-$175 for dogs. Our city shelter only charges $20. I've tried to get them to raise the adoption fees, but they won't.