Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freckles has new neighbors! Aussie, Saint Bernard and Husky pups! TONS of pics/RANT

Freckles has new neighbors! Aussie, Saint Bernard and Husky pups! TONS of pics/RANT

We just had four new puppy neighbors move in. The two huskies I can go on and on about forever as their owners SUCK! Not to mention they are both extremely food agressive and the male pup actually bit me yesterday as he took Freckles toy and I went to grab it back and he bit me. He is also food agressive. Yesterday I had to break up a fight between the brother and sister because they were fighting over a bone, and I mean FIGHTING! He punctured her ear. They are only a week younger than Freckles. Their owners are gone ALL Day, and I have to feed them and give them water because they just sit outside all day in the warn sun. I am trying to teach them manners. The girl puts them outside at 4:30 in the morning and all they do is bark. I told her that the neighbors wouldn't appreciate them barking, especially all day and at such an early time in the morning and her response? "Well tell people to shut their windows!" Um, our windows ARE shut and we can still hear the damn dogs.

Other than that the pups are OK and they get time to play with Freckles while I am there to keep an eye on things. When I do not want them to play together Freckles is outside in her own area on her tie out. We only have a tiny patio but have a huge area out back where I let her run around. I've started to use the click to train them not to jump, not to beg and bark and not to be agressive when I take something away. We CANNOT have agressive dogs back there. We just can't. I have a toddler and I will not put up with him not being able to play because their dogs are out there constantly. I am at my wits end with the owner, and am about ready to offer to take them both in myself so they can get training.

I just cannot stand when people let their dogs sit out like old garbage. If you DO NOT have the time for a puppy DO NOT get one, let alone TWO! They bought them from a petstore for 300 dollars each. The girl always asks me why Freckles is so well behaved. Well hrmm, maybe it's because I spend time with her, work with her etc. Their puppies are not potty trained and she gets mad at them because they crap in the house. But they are never in the house, so how does she expects for them to be housetrained if they don't know it's not OK to go in the house? Either they are outside on the tie out or stuck in their crate.

More in next post.....
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Huh, for some reason I could not get into Pet Talk for about ten minutes. Nothing would load for me. So let me finish LOL! Sorry bout the rant, but these people just shouldn't be owning dogs. Anywho, Freckles also has two more neighbor dogs. One is a Saint Bernard (dry mouth) girl, and the other is an Aussie girl. They both live together. They are coming over today so we can have a "puppy playdate". They are very well behaved dogs, and very sweet. The Saint is looking for a home, and though I know they get huge I am so darn tempted to take her.

So here are some photos of the pups. Sorry about the quality. When I take photos outside they are all grainy and not in the least bit "pretty" They come out washed out. But some of them are really good, and although washed out I LOVE some of the shots I got!

______

Oh gosh darnet! I just went outside to put Freckles out for a bit and her tie out metal thing BROKE! I just bought it LOL!
    ______

This is Keelo, the male pup. He is slightly agressive but SO cute!

Freckles and Sheila, the female husky pup. I love her prickly ears. She is a very sweet dog, and doesn't have as many problems as the boy. She gets along really well with Freckles.

Whatcha chewing on?

This one is really cute. I love that the face didn't come out blurry.

Another great shot! I sure wish it wasn't so washed out.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Freckles. SHe's gotten big hasn't she? She's also a little on the tubby side too. Her body waddles when she walks LOL!
    '

Freckles playing with Kevin, our neighbor. She really likes him.

Stopping to scratch an itch.

More coming.....
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Now for the good quality photos, the non washed out ones LOL.

Here are the two other pups, the Aussie and SB. Aren't they both beautiful!

Look at this beautiful Aussie girl!

Freckles was a little nervous as they were much bigger than her, but hopefully she will feel more confident as she ages. I want her to have as much exposure to other dogs as possible. So far, she's doing really well and loves to play with the other dogs.

Well that's it. I hope you all enjoyed the photos!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

They are cute pups, although they are not purebred husky's, or at least of bad breeding if they are purebred. The coloring & ears are different. For some reason they remind me of husky/shep/wolf.

I don't blame you one bit about their owners. I would really be concerned, they are that young & already fighting that aggressivly. You already got bit once.
    It sounds as if they are in your yard? Or is it a shared yard or something? If it's your yard I would really be stern & tell them flat out to keep them off your property to protect you (I would mention you got bit), your dog & your kid!
    You already spoke to them & they were rude back so I would go w/ full force personally. I would tell them my windows are shut & I can still hear them.
    Tell them they are aggressive & you want them to be kept under strict control.
    Tell them they need to feed/water their dogs. It is very unhealthy for them to be out all day w/o it, especially at such a young age & especially in the summer.
    If nothing happens within a reasonable time frame I would contact you local shelter, tell them you have aggressive pups that are out all day barking w/ no food or water.
    They really neep to nip these problems as if they let it go w/ that breed it will only get way way worse.
    This way at least they have a chance at this age to get into another home one that is caring.

Freckles is so darn cute. She's getting so big.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I didn't think they were purebred either. The first thing I thought of was wolf hybrids, though they are lacking the size. But I do not believe at all they are purebred. And being bought at a petshop who knows what's really in them.

Yes Freckles is getting pretty big, though it seems as if she will be more Aussie size than lab size, even though she is predominately lab. I love how her body wiggles.

As far as the yard, we do not have any fenced yards here. We live in TownHouses and people just keep their dogs outside in the back on tie outs. So as far as that there is really nothing we can do about that besides contact the manager, who I've already spoke to. We were supposed to move last month but things didn't work out and we decided to wait for a better place. We are looking for a house right now so hopefully we won't be here much longer.

I went to talk to the owners earlier when I knew they were home (the car was there) but I knocked for five minutes and no one came to the door.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

The pics are great. That St Bernard pup is gorgeous! And freckles is cute as a button!

There's nothing worse than having neighbors who don't give a darn about their dogs. they probably got 2 thinking they'd be able to spend less time with them since they'd entertain themselves. If they keep barking, being agressive, and being put out with no shelter, food, water or anything I'd tell your neighbor you're going to call animal control. If You can't get them to talk to you, put a note on their door. If nothing changes send them a letter via certified mail so they can't say you never tried to talk to them. If things still don't change, call AC. Otherwise those pups are gonna end up being REALLY aggressive. And if AC gets them too late and they're TOO food agressive they'll be PTS because they won't be able to be rehomed. What a crappy situation.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Well I just went over there and talked to the girl, and low and behold they are Shephard/ Huskies. We are not allowed to have Shepards here due to them being considered an agressive breed. Funny we can have pits, and not shepards? I wonder how that works. She actually made the comment that they like having two because they keep eachother company. I told her about the two getting into it yesterday and she questioned me. I told her she NEEDS to have food and water out there at all times. She pretty much begged me not to report her to our manager that the pups are mixes. I will take action if their needs are not met. I will not let them suffer!

I think me questioning their breed has made her think twice about what she is doing. I went out back and they now have food and a big bowl of water.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

LoL And once again PT prevails! The breed restrictions are strange... No shepherds, but pitties are ok? That's a little backwards. Most people would say no rotties, pits or chows. At least she's attempting to do something.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Originally posted by heinz57_79
    LoL And once again PT prevails! The breed restrictions are strange... No shepherds, but pitties are ok? That's a little backwards. Most people would say no rotties, pits or chows. At least she's attempting to do something.
    I know, isn't that strange? We cannot have any shep. here at all!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

What's even more strange is that the woman paid $300 for mix breeds... hehehehe
    -- Immanuel Kant

Originally posted by heinz57_79
    What's even more strange is that the woman paid $300 for mix breeds... hehehehe
    Well actually it's 600, as they were 300 each! HAH!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

That aussie pup is beautiful!
    what kind of dog is Freckles?

That's INSANE!! Arthur cost $200 and he's pure rotti... **shakes head** that's what they get for getting them from a pet store. LOL
    -- Immanuel Kant

Originally posted by Toller 42
    That aussie pup is beautiful!
    what kind of dog is Freckles?
    Freckles is an Aussie Shep./Lab mix
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major