Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Scooter- pregnant!

The thread in Cat Rescue, about QueenChyna's cat, Chyna, is very different from what is said here. Look down a few posts.

When i found out Katie was pregnant back in April, it was mixed blessings. I knew she should have been fixed, but when I was living on my own I just couldn't afford it. I know that sounds terrible, but she never went outside when I lived in the apartment and Joey was fixed. I knew that once I got on my feet again, it would be taken care of. Of course, before I could, she got out when i moved. But I also knew that my gf and myself could never give up the kittens, so regardless of how many there were, we were keeping them all.

Now we have 5 cats who all need to be fixed. And believe you me, they're ALL getting taken care of! There are too many unwanted pets out there for anyone to be contributing to the problem. I want my animals to be around as long as possible, so I try to take whatever precautions needed. The easiest is getting them fixed.

I don't understand how QueenChyna could possibly think that by neutering her males, but not spaying Chyna (who is indoor/outdoor) she won't get pregnant again. Cats like that are the ones who end up having litter after litter, even before the pervious litter is done nursing. Then those cats have kittens, etc etc etc. Because you know if she won't get one fixed, there's no way she'll get a litter of 5, 6 or 7 taken care of. In the worst case scenario, there will end up being dozens of feral cats. No one want to be responsible for 10, 20, 30 cats. Feeding, meds, etc. So they'll be left to themselves. The fact that you live on a farm, QueenChyna, pretty much confirms that. My gf grew up on a farm and there were tons of cats around. None of them were fixed or anything.

There are organisations out there who will help with the cost of spays and neuters if you have several cats who need to be fixed.

Someone said that they were not going to applaud you for taking care of your pets, and I totally agree. that's what you're SUPPOSED to do. Right now, we have 13 animals... out of those 13, 8 of them have yet to be fixed. but they will be. It may be a few one week, a few a couple weeks later, but they WILL all be taken care of.

Your age shows in the fact that you fly off the handle, which most times confirms that you know what people are saying is right, but are too stubborn to admit it. I was young once. I think most of us remember when we'd throw a fit to prove we're right even when we knew we were wrong! You want to be considered a responsible pet owner??

GET YOUR ANIMALS FIXED!!!!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Originally posted by CatFanatic
    The thread in Cat Rescue, about QueenChyna's cat, Chyna, is very different from what is said here. Look down a few posts.
    Yes, I believe several people have used Chyna when we were actually discussing Scooter. Scooter is the pregnant and unspayed cat in question in this particular thread, not Chyna - simply a typo. The points and discussion remain the same.

I see Chyna and Scooter were typos. Nothing serious.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    Yes, I believe several people have used Chyna when we were actually discussing Scooter. Scooter is the pregnant and unspayed cat in question in this particular thread, not Chyna - simply a typo. The points and discussion remain the same.
    The cat's name could be Frogenfirken... it doesnt change anything!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

i agree, because cats can suffer if there are too many and some people have to think of the cats life, not just theirs. otherwise i think it is mean to have too many cats and letting it get out of control. a cat out on the street with no home and no love with no food would die and it would die lonely because it never had love, maybe it did but think of the poor lonely life living on the street, no food, home or love until someone brings it in and loves it until the day it dies. then i think that is a happier life.

my mother and father got Chyna spayed and it was because if she got pregnant then she would have kittens, but we did not know why some of the kittens died and we did not want Chyna to suffer the same loss.
    Isn't that odd?

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

You want to be considered a responsible pet owner??
    GET YOUR ANIMALS FIXED!!!!

THAT says it all!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    you ppl are obviously the ones who are irresponsible for asuming that its not getting taken care of.
    and my Chyna is the love of my life, and i know i am one of the only ppl she trusts, i was the one that kept her alive out of all 7 of the kittens, i tried my hardest to keep them all alive and loved, and after her mother left her, she had nobody but me! so she is my savior and i am hers

Please correct me if I'm wrong...Chyna is another kitty you have, and she survived while the other six died, and something happened to her mother? Is her mother dead or reproducing somewhere else? Just curious, and not expecting anything but a hostile response at this point. What if Scooter has breach kittens, or one too big to pass through the canal? I suspect she'll join the statistics of cats who die awful deaths if nobody's around to help her. Or no nearby vet to help her if her uterus prolapses. We've all been quite nice about trying to educate you, but it seems you know what's best, and we know nothing. Hmmmm.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Originally posted by QueenChyna
    well we might keep some of the kittens, but probably not all of them.
    What are you going to do with the kittens you decide not to keep - the "unlucky ones," I guess?

i hope that Scooter has no trouble while the kittens are being born! otherwise that would be terrible! but i am sure Scooter will be fine!
    If you are truly concerned about her health, then please get her spayed.

we will probably not get Scooter spayed, the only reason scooter got pegnant this year was because we just got a new male and before he was to young to be neutured but we plan on getting him done right away. otherwise all of our other males are neutured. Scooter was not spayed because we didn't want her spayed. And i am sure Scooter will be a great mother.
    What you are not realizing is the big picture: all the kittens Scooter will have in her life, and their kittens, and their kittens, and their kittens, etc. etc. etc. contributing to overpopulation. Please get her spayed.

ok well it still seems that i have to repeat myself. I am not the person wo decides what goes and stays on my farm. and if people want cats, than my mom or dad say yes or no.
    oh and i have to say this, since people have said the same thing over and over and over again, you know what.... don't, because then your just waisting time on saying the same thing someone else did. And yes, i do feel attacked, since everyone is yelling or not yelling at me, everyone is making me sound stupid and mentally retarded.

The only reason i yelled was because one person really insulted me for who i am and it offended me and you think i am immature for yelling in 1 post, look at moosmom's post's. in almost all of her posts she is yelling at me and being really rude for no reason, and telling me off and thinking that i can't understand real English.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...Chyna is another kitty you have, and she survived while the other six died, and something happened to her mother? Is her mother dead or reproducing somewhere else? Just curious, and not expecting anything but a hostile response at this point.
    yes Chyna is another cat, and i tried to save all seven because the mother wasn't producing any milk for her babies, and Chyna was the only one that stayed strong, and this post is not about Chyna and I don't need her to get into this. That year we had all of our males neutered and almost all of our females spayed except for Chyna's mother. and she got pregnant.

spaying and neutering, like everyone else is saying, it might not be as soon as possible, but its getting done, and nobody has really thought to think that it is getting done and just not all in one day.

and thank you to the nice people that have said things to me nicely and not being rude and practically swearing at me. i am not saying mean things to the people that are being nice to me, and thank you for saying it nicely.

I never said i was against spaying and neutering, i just said that my mom said she did not want to get scooter spayed but yes to all the other cats. i just thought that I would post up a post about Scooter being pregnant and i thought people might want to see her and her kittens when they are born.

I find it odd that your male cats are altered, but your female(s) isn't. Why is that?
    and we don't just neuter the males, we also spay the females, that just wasn't the main thing at the moment when we were talking.

But we DO know what it's like to get up every two hours to feed homeless day old motherless kittens, medicating them and trying to keep them alive, not to mention, find foster homes for expectant mothers like yours, whose irresponsible owners failed to do the right thing by getting them spayed and preventing yet MORE unwanted kittens.
    I know how that works and i know what its like to do that. i have done it before.

QUOTE]If you haven't been out trapping, rescuing, contributing to the homeless shelters, educating, managing your own herd, etc., in my opinion, you have no real voice. That you are actually contributing to the problem is shameful.[/QUOTE]

i have been out doing a lot of that stuff, and i have my own voice, sometimes its not as loud as i want it to be. I go to all kinds of lengths to save kittens with out mothers, a lot of animals i do that for, and i am trying to lessen the problem, not make more of one, some people have to start thinking of the brighter side of my story.

And yet again, just because i use some internet slang, doesn't mean i am stupid and i can't spell, if you don't want me to use it, than ask me not to, and i won't.

And its not my fault people just dump off their cats at our farm because they don't wanna take care of it anymore. and then what happens to me and my family, we have to take care of another and pay money for that next extra special cat. ya the money comes out of my pocket to, everyone does their share, not just the people that think they are the only ones that care, not trying to be mean but sometimes its not all about one person, its about so many.

I hope this thread explains more about peoples questions and comments. and please try not to be so mean and break out yelling. and thanx much to the people that have been nice and more friendly than others.

Don't you realize you are contributing to the over population of cats by NOT spaying her??????
    Don't you realize that YOU are contributing to the over population of idiots? Currently, your probably wondering who I am, why I am here, and why I am insulting you, but we shall get to that.
    It's stupid, idiotic pet owners like yourselves that create feral, unwanted, hungry, abused and abandoned cats. You make me sick!!
    I thought the point of these boards was to having discussions, not insult sessions. What you do (or don't in this case) think of Scooters owner doesn't carry over to the situation at hand. It was insulting, rude, and unneccisary.
    Young lady...if you truly love animals they way you say you do then you would be doing everything to can to stop the suffering of so many unwanted and abused pets.
    I like how all of you "responsible" pet owners out there have decided to go ahead and assume that these cats will be abused. You don't know any history on the owner at all, so I must congratulate you. In my books you look to be the ignorant ones.
    Where does the money come from that finances the vet, food, medical bills??? Out of our OWN pockets.
    I say, that if you are spending money to save cats that you don't want in the first place it's a pretty good waste of your own resources. All it buys you is another reason to complain and think you are better than other people.
    If you haven't been out trapping, rescuing, contributing to the homeless shelters, educating, managing your own herd, etc., in my opinion, you have no real voice. That you are actually contributing to the problem is shameful.
    Yes, way to encourage the demoralizing of a fellow board member. Good for you. Bullying others to gain a sense of superiority.
    That's called inbreeding and many, many complications can occur from that.
    Yes, but look at the royal family. There are all inbred, and I can't see anything wrong with that
    THAT says it all!!!!
    I like how "all" in this case is defined as whatever you think is right or wrong.
    What are you going to do with the kittens you decide not to keep - the "unlucky ones," I guess?
    Well, you could drown them, or whack them over the head, or whatever...just to be blunt you know. OR, if you like being humane, then we send them off to people who put tons of money out of their wallets to take care of cats who will ultimately end up dead anyways.
    Please note, that I am new to this forum, and I've probably already made some enemies with this post, and some friends. If I had offended anybody that I didn't intend to offend, then I apologize. I'd like to say hello to everybody.
    Last edited by Finigan; 07-21-2004 at 03:22 AM.
    The difference between a cat and a dog is simple: taste.

You know, I went home last night and I thought to myself, maybe I shouldn't have posted on this thread. I thought, Maybe this is a pointless argument - this girl is too young to get her pets spayed on her own, and she's probably just doing whatever her parents say. And I agree that some of the rudeness could be toned down a little. But I don't blame anyone for being rude, whether intentionally or not, because it's just extremely difficult for some of the rescuers on this board to see a cat accidentally get pregnant, and hear that the owners don't want her spayed. It's frustrating to them because they see it all day long. I am not a rescuer, so that part of it doesn't bother me quite as much. What did bother me was the idea that many litters would result from an unspayed kitten and her offspring, contributing to overpopulation, and fears for the health of Scooter. I have decided to drop out of this thread because 1) arguing is pointless here and 2) I have no way to control the pet population of Saskatchewan over the internet. So I'm done.

And that's all I have to say about that.

QueenChyna,

I think your latest post on this subject was so much better. Yes, sometimes we do have to have things explained to us over and over. I don't remember everyone's stories of their lives right off hand. You said some things in this latest post that were much better and explained your position better than just making the statement that you are not worried about getting Scooter spayed. As if spaying her was totally unneeded.

Try looking into some low cost spay/neuter clinics to help you out. Perhaps then your parents wouldn't be so inclined not to get Scooter spayed. There are options out there but I can understand your frustration in people dumping their unwanted pets on your doorstep.

You see...like I said before. You are the only one who has the power to communicate to the board what your full situation is. Think when you post as to what you want people to know about you before making a "throw away" statement such as
    i think she is a year old. now she is pregnant, and she has not had her kittens yet but i hope soon! no not worried about getting Scooter spayed. she is a good cat. she is so cute!!
    This gave us all a much different impression of you and your attitudes. I am sure we would all enjoy pictures and the progress of Scooter. Especially if you still worked at finding a way to have her spayed after the kittens are weaned.

Denyce

ps...thanks for getting rid of the internet slang.

All I have to say is...I can NOT believe this thread! I am just rolling my eyes. (probably not for the reasons you think, so don't take that offensively) I have decided not to join in, (anymore) it is pointless. (IMO)

All I have to say is.

1) Don't tell lies.
    2) Don't contribute to pet overpopulation
    3) Try to tell us the situation and we'll try to understand.

...I think that's all.

Well, I just read this entire thread and have mixed emotions.

First of all, I see that QueenChyna sure has a great love for animals, like her parents as well. I'm sure they're doing a lot for all the animals on their farm. I assume the farm is located in a rural area where giving birth is always a happy and natural event.

On the other hand, I understand very well the frustration of those who are fostering or volunteer in the shelters; after all, they see day by day what happens to all these cats - the ferals, the strays, those who have been abandoned, those who are sick with various diseases because they never have been vaccined...

From what I understand, QueenChyna has grown up in a family that looked at these things in a different way, and sometimes it takes some time - and some experiences - before somebody is ready to change his mind.

QueenChyna, during the last couple of days, I have written an article for my new website, www.catmom.de . It's about spaying & neutering and I hope is sums up all the reasons why a cat should be spayed/fixed. I have translated it into English today and I apologize in advance for the lousy translation, I still have to work on it... But please read it.

Kirsten