Thread: :( Poor Husky Puppy....

:( Poor Husky Puppy....

Yesterday my mom and I took the dogs for a very SHORT walk, short because it was very very hot out, well it was about 26-27 C, but thats hot for here, and with no wind, so the dogs were really warm.

So, when we walked out the road, we seen this FURRY husky puppy(It actually sort of looked like an alaskan malamute) tied up, and he was laying on his tummy, his paws all stretched out, his tongue was out, and he was panting very very hard.

Jasper was even hot, with hardly any fur, and I couldn't imagine this little furry puppy, he didn't even have shade, or even water

We had a bottle of water with us because we give the pups a drink when we go for a walk, and so I decided I would go give him some(I know I probably shouldn't have went on someone else's property, but I couldn't help it), I made my hand like a cup and gave him a drink, and he drank TONS, I also put some more water in my hand and just rubbed it over him, I knew it wouldn't help much, but a bit.

I also discovered that he was FULL of mosquito(sp) bites, his entire tummy, even his eyelid!!

I then started thinking about all the dogs on our road that are always outside, I mean theres enough flies here this time of ear to almost carry a small dog away!! People don't even let their children outside for long with the flies.

And then theres the heat, especially dogs with alot of fur!

Our pups have the back door open, and they can come in or go out whenever the want.

Is there anything I could do about this? I heard animal controll never do anything

Poor outdoor pups

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

It makes my stomach hurt to see dogs outside 24/7.
    There are some dogs who are happy with it... but I just don't agree with it.

I do believe if the dog doesn't have any water/shelter that AC can do something about it. Atleast I believe thats how it is here.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

oh my goodness! that is just awful! I cant stand it when people dont take care of there pets! maybe you shuold just try and call animal control...

Animal controll should be able to do something. I know the law here is that all animals have to be provided with shelter, food, water and health care.

The poor little pup, when will people learn.

Originally posted by cloverfdx
    Animal controll should be able to do something. I know the law here is that all animals have to be provided with shelter, food, water and health care.

The poor little pup, when will people learn.
    Exactly.

Call Animal Control and ask what the minimum requirements are. If they're not being met, tell the officer. Make sure you have the correct address and tell them that there's no shelter, shade or water made available to the dog.

Don't even get me started with people who leave their dogs outside ALL day. We just had two husky puppies move in next door and their owners are gone literally all day. Who cares for them? I do!!!! I am the one who feeds them, plays with them, waters them and makes sure their two tie outs aren't tangled. I feel horrible for them. All they do is cry all day long. Luckily when Freckles is out there they get to play and keep eachother company, but they really need to bond with humans, and unfortunately that human is me.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Re: :( Poor Husky Puppy....

Originally posted by DogLover9501
    Is there anything I could do about this? I heard animal controll never do anything
    try some rescue place like ASPCA or something of that sort.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

When I told my cousin about the puppy, she told me that there was an ad in the Buy & Sell about it, that they are suposibly selling it for $50! Im sure they can feed it until it's sold

But there is better news, my cousin Curtis was in the yard when Andrea(my cousin) and I were talking about it. Curtis was going to get a boxer when he met Jasper, but there aren't any breeders here and all that, so I think he is going to take that poor puppy and get him to a vet and buy him lots of stuff.

I hope he does this, as Curtis lives alone in an apartment attatched to his sisters house, and they have a Poodle that he could play with, and also Curtis would never leave him outside!

However, If he doesn't take him soon(he was suposed to call this afternoon), I will be calling AC!

I'll keep you all updated if you'd like, and if he does get him, get prepared for pics, pics and more pics

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that Curtis takes him and gives him a good home.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Oh that poor little pup

I do hope that he takes it and gives it a good home.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I sure do hope that Curtis can take this pup. Please keep us updated on the poor little guy.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Any news?
    We better have pictures if it's possible for Curtis!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Well Curtis called that afternoon, and some woman said "We gave it to some man for his kids"

Curtis was very disappointed, I hope the poor puppy has a better home

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by DogLover9501
    Curtis was very disappointed, I hope the poor puppy has a better home
    Me too.

sounds aweful
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven