Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breeze is Realy sick

Breeze is Realy sick

Breeze's stomach got really hard and really big this afternoon. We called the vet and took her in right away. They said she might have bloat ( more info on Bloat go here - http://www.globalspan.net/bloat.htm ) They took her away from me to do X-rays. We won't know if she has bloat till later tonight. If she does they will do surgery. If not they might do a stomach tube or just something to get everything moving. My poor baby girl.

I called Paws With A Cause and let them know I hope she is going to be all right. I'm so worried.

Please, please please pray for Breeze, I am so worried, I don't know what to do. I hope it's not my fault.

Ash
    Last edited by Aspen and Misty; 07-13-2004 at 12:18 PM.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Oh my! I hope it's not bloat but at least you got her quickly to the vet's. I live in fear of bloat with Bella because standard poodles are considered *high risk* for bloat along with many other breeds. Please don't be hard on yourself. This is not your fault. Prayers and (((hugs))) heading your way! Please let us know how she is doing as soon as you can.

who's breeze? im sorry.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Poor Breeze. Please let us know as soon as you hear something, Ash. Good thoughts for Breeze coming right up. Try not to worry too much, and don't blame yourself.

Poor Breeze... We have to worry about bloat with Anna and Arthur because rotties are another breed that are considered high on that list. We'll keep all our fingers, toes and paws crossed for you. I hope everything will be ok!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Poor Breeze! I hope she is okay.

From Decker with Love

Oh no Bloat is such a scary condition. But if it is, you got him there fast and thankfully they the vet can begin treatment immediately. I'll be praying hard for your precious baby Breeze. All fingers and paws crossed for you sweetheart. Check in when you can Ash. I'm thinking of you {{{HUGS}}}

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sending prayers for Breeze.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Grr To Breezy. She is a BAD BAD BAD dog!!

Kidding, I'm not mad but, she doesn't have bloat YET. See what happened was. I got REALLY busy with the Rabbits this morning. I felt bad having to keep the dogs in there Kenells (GRR TO ME!! ) so I left them run. Well Breeze thought it would be fun to help herself to the dog food. SHE ATE 20 POUNDS OF FOOD That almost HALF our bag!!! The only reason she didn't it all was because the bag folded weird at the bottom so she couldn't

So she is at the vet in a "state of shock" (his words not mine) they are keeping an eye on her because she could get bloat still. So please keep the prayers coming!!

Ashley

Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
    SHE ATE 20 POUNDS OF FOOD That almost HALF our bag!!!
    Ashley
    Oh my!!!! At least she is at the vet's should the worst happen. We'll pray that somehow her little body manages to process that meal! Thank you for the report. Staying tuned and sending more (((hugs)))

ROFL... Sorry... don't mean to laugh, but GOODNESS! I'm just glad it's nothing *that* serious. Those darn chow hounds! Arthur would do the same thing if we let him. I think the most he's gotten into is about 5 lbs. Breezy, breezy, breezy... Pace yourself, little girl! A lady always leaves a little something for Miss Manners on her plate.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Oh my goodness...20 lbs?! I can't believe she could eat that much

I hope the poor girl is going to be fine. Kisses and prayers for Breeze.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Originally posted by anna_66
    Oh my goodness...20 lbs?! I can't believe she could eat that much

I hope the poor girl is going to be fine. Kisses and prayers for Breeze.
    Me Either!!!

heinz57_79 - I laughed REALLY hard when I found out! Don't feel bad.

Pam - Thank you for the hugs. I need them today, ha ha, I feel like a neglectant mom no, but I do feel bad. I just was so busy, geez. That girl is ALWAYS going to be in her kennel from now on! LOL

Ashley

My Lab Star would have done the same thing, given the chance!!! OMG! 20 lbs. of food! Thank goodness she's at the vet's office where she can be monitored! Prayers continue for a quick recovery!!! Nawtee Breeze!!! Get well soon sweetheart! And of course, Mama needs a BIG hug too!!!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 07-13-2004 at 06:48 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Well, i am glad to hear that it isn't bloat (yet anyway), and that she is in good hands, should a scary situation arise.

Swissie's are very high risk for bloat...so i have read a TON of info on it...

Hopefully, it won't turn to bloat, (sounds like things are under control) but if for some reason it does, i have heard that if they have one episode, they could have another...
    so you may want to read up on it for future reference.

My breeder (a Swissie extrodinaire)...has had a few bloat cases, and he has explained to me what to do, incase you couldnt get the dog to the vet, asap, for instance, you are home alone and cant lift the dog into the car yourself (Swissie are like 140 lbs)...and if immidiate assistance is needed...he recommends having on hand, a hollowed out bone...to put into the dog's mouth, to hold it open, while you place a tube through it into it's throat...to it's stomach, to try to help relieve the gases...of course this is worse case senario, if you are unable to get to a vet asap...and the dog is in dire need of help...and worse, worse case senario have a large needle on hand to insert into the stomach to relieve the gas asap...if the dog is about to die...since timing is most crutial with bloat...

It seems as though Breeze will be okay, but i thought i would mention this, so that anyone not familiar with bloat, might take those tips as helpful...Dale's breeder has had first hand experience with it...so i trust his opinions...

Any deep chested animal is suseptible...fyi...

Enough of my blabbering

(HUGS) to Breeze, and to mommy. I know how hard it is to see them sick, Dale was at the vet on Sunday, and i hated seeing him ill. So please update us, hope all remains well. (((HUGS)))...

Robyn