Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone have a pitbull/boxer?

anyone have a pitbull/boxer?

Hey guys, though i have a lab, im obsessed with bull/boxers. If any of you have one plz post pics. Also if anyone knows any pitbull rescues, could you please give me the site. I would like to look into a pittie
    Labman

My vet has a pit. Her last dog was a pit, too. She just absolutely adores them, and her dog comes to work with her every day and meets all the clients. Very, very sweet and obedient dog. Georgous, too.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

re: pitties

I'm not sure where you are located, but a great site on pitties is

http://www.badrap.org they are a rescue group running out of san fransisco, but even if you are not in the area they have a lot of great information. there are so many misconceptions about pitties these days, it is important to read some facts! good luck!

my brother had a pittie. also i have friends who have lab/pit, pit/chow and other pit mixes. they are wonderful dogs.

also i founds some boxer/pit mixes at dogster.com

Basil

Emily

Molly Mae

Streets
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

I have a pit actually i have 2 now. sasha and stonewall, they are the gratest dogs i have ever owned.
    here are sashas pics i dont have any of stonewall yet but soon

good luck.

http://www.2cutepups.com/dog.jpg
    http://www.2cutepups.com/dog2.jpg
    http://www.2cutepups.com/dog3.jpg
    http://www.2cutepups.com/dog4.jpg
    http://www.2cutepups.com/dog5.jpg
    http://www.2cutepups.com/dog6.jpg
    sasha,stone,gemini,sissy,shawna(me)and jim (my bf)

she's very cute. sasha looks like my brother's pit, Hadey.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

~Kari~

Our dog Joxer is a pit/boxer mix and he's the best.
    ~Kat

well.....

you have a golden retriever puppy..?don't get a full grown pittie! orr do you have a small child??? at the spca...they don't adopt out chows or pitts or matiffs to homes with children under the age 12 i think 12...they are the most unpredictable breeds..in my vet,mine,spca,a few owners i know,and lotttts of animal cruelty police!

the pitt owners i mentiond...
    say...
    they are the most wonderful pets...but are not for kids..or puppies unless raised together...to many terrible tragities..

i have nothing against them...there gorges! just be caucious!!!!!!!
    alex + teencie + latte

I have an APBT.
    He is awesome. I love him and spoil him and miss him so terribly right now that I was just in tears (he's at the doggie hospital this week).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

whats apbt?

and whats that handsome pups name?????
    alex + teencie + latte

Re: re: pitties

Originally posted by Voltron
    There are so many misconceptions about pitties these days, it is important to read some facts! good luck!
    Yes i know. I have an e-book that has a section just for pit bulls and how and why they have a bad rap. Just seems to be the low lifes that attracted to them. Because of the fact the pit bull cant be with other dogs i would not get one. A bull boxer is also a fighter but there good with other dogs. Im hoping my future dog will the that part of the boxer. Also boxers are said to be one of the best guard dogs in the world (WHAT A BONUS) I dont want to combine these 2 because they are fighters i want to conbine them because there parents are amazingly loyal, sweet and extremely intelligent dogs.
    Labman

Am I the only one who sometimes can't tell the difference between a pit bull and a boxer? To me, they look alike, though I've often wondered if I'd feel differently if I could just see two perfect specimens side by side.

I love them both, though. My neighbors who had a boxer recently moved, and I miss the dog Lola's grumpy face.
    SMB ^ï^
    Bats--you need them more than you know!

Originally posted by fuzzbuttbuddy
    at the spca...they don't adopt out chows or pitts or matiffs to homes with children under the age 12 i think 12...they are the most unpredictable breeds

they are the most wonderful pets...but are not for kids..or puppies unless raised together...to many terrible tragities..
    not always, the 'unpredictable' breeds (which is ALL breeds/mutts) can be around kids. our neighbors got a 6-year old chow for their kids and there were tragities.
    also a friend of my dad, has 4 bullmastiffs-great with her kids.
    her sister has 2 mastiffs which are great with the neighbors kids.

~Kari~

APBT ==== American Pit bull terrier I believe is what she means. and that is one gorgous little boy . Hope he's home and doing better. (update us please)
    As said many times here on PT No bad breedsjust bad owners and rotten training (or lack of) I know springers and cockers who have been more damaging than any "aggressive" breed.

Originally posted by Smilla
    Am I the only one who sometimes can't tell the difference between a pit bull and a boxer?
    well the boxer is taller, bigger ears (if cropped correctly), more slender and has a smaller, smushier face. also it can only come in brindle, fawn and white.

the pit bull is smaller, more bulky and can come in many colors. solids, patterns, shades, etc.

~Kari~