Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you donate your old items?

Do you donate your old items?

We donate to a thrift store in the next town over. The cool thing is that you can tell them what charitable organization you want the proceeds from the sale of your items to go to. We always donate in the name of the rescue that I volunteer for. Isn't that a neat thing?

Just wondering if anyone else has anything llike that in their area?

We donate lots of old items, but I have never heard of a program like you mentioned, Micki. How neat! We have 3 different organizations that accept all sorts of things like clothing, household appliances, furniture, books, knick knacks (sp?), etc. In fact, Scott and I spent all day Monday doing some much needed sorting in our garage (we had boxes from our move and combining of two households from almost 2 years ago that we had never opened!!). Since we had duplicates of so many things, we were able to take a truckload of things to Goodwill.

The shelter where I volunteer operates a thrift shop too. If I have usable items I take them there and they sell them to support the shelter. I get the tax write-off and they get the benefits - a win-win situation.

Yes I donate all my stuff to a local rescue ministry for the homeless and I give my used clothing to the abused women's shelter that they also run.

From Decker with Love

I donate all of our used clothing to our church's outreach for the poor. It is called The Lord's Clothes Tree. They only sell articles of clothing so household things go to a nearby place also for the poor called the St. Vincent Shop.

That's really cool you can tell them who you'd like to benefit, micki!

We donate to the Salvation Army.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I usually just take my stuff to the salvation army as well.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Yes.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    I usually just take my stuff to the salvation army as well.
    Us too

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

When we do our clean ups (once a year, at least) we donate everything. Our clothes, puppets, toys ect. I'm not sure where my parents bring them.. the salvation army and the YMCA or something? LOL not sure, but I do know we donate.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

We donate to the Salvation Army, anything of use I always take there.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Yes!

I donate everything to a local thrift store here. It is run by an organization that helps mentally and physically handicapped people. And since I sometimes tend to have a bit of an over-shopping problem ... they get lots of donations from me!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I always donate to Goodwill. Really, I think the tax write off is more beneficial then having a garage sale.

Thank you Wolfie!

Usually I have a garage sale, as we need the money ourselves, but anything left over goes to charity, I try to donate to my fav charities, SPCA, Neurological foundation,Cancer society,Asthma foundation,Red cross and Salvation Army if I have any spare cash.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️