Thread: Another Radio DJ Suspended!

Another Radio DJ Suspended!

Ok, I will try to make a long story short.

There is a morning show on one of the radio stations here that I have major problems with. I'll call the main host BB, the girl sidekick J, and the guy sidekick LB.

First of all, the idiot BB spews off all of this uneducated stuff about dogs all the time. He'll make the stupidest comments like "All Boston Terriers are evil and crazy". Once he went into a 15 minute conversation making fun of J because she took her new puppy to Puppy Class. He was saying the way to train a dog was to smack it around, rub its nose in poop/pee when it has an accident, etc. He was absolutely serious too. I called and gave him a piece of my mind that day (which they wouldn't put on air). I also emailed him and had about 20 of my shelter volunteer friends email him and his boss. Anyway, I could go on and on about this

So he has this thing every week where he makes LB do a "death defying stunt". They also have "pain Fridays" where they shoot LB with slingshots, make him put Bengay in bad places, etc. They were almost arrested a few weeks ago when they wanted LB to jump off a bridge here (he could have been seriously hurt). The cops intervened and sent them away before he jumped. Well, this morning BB made LB put pantyhose on his head and go to a gas station and buy a pack of gum. He wasn't going to pretend to rob the gas station or anything, BB just thought it would be funny to make it seem like it because of the pantyhose. Well, all these people were calling in saying it wasn't funny. BB would hang up on them and talk about how uptight everyone was. He made me mad and I sent him another email today telling him so I didn't think the stunt was funny at all.

So this evening I was on my exercise bike and I saw on the news that they arrested LB and suspended both LB and BB from the morning show!! Oh my gosh, I was so surprised! I have to say I was happy and hope it taught them a lesson that there are lines that should never be crossed. The guy who was working at the convenience store was interviewed and he was saying he was so scared and thought he'd never see his son again (thought he was going to get shot)

It seems like there are a ton of DJs with no moral values. People like Howard Stern make me ill. I am glad the authorities stepped into this situation!

I guess this thread is sorta pointless, but I am just so glad the guy is suspended and I don't have to listen to him say his stupid things (especially about animals) anymore. I know I didn't have to listen to him, but I did so I could email or call him every time he said something dumb, haha.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I was glad to see one of our local DJs go bye bye, too. He was disgusting and doesn't even deserve his name mentioned here. He was charged with animal cruelty but I think the case was dismissed. In fact, I stopped listening to that station in the morning while he was on it. I couldn't even stand to hear his voice. So, I know how you feel.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Remember the Nick Berg incident?
    Two local DJs were playing the awful-to-listen-to soundtrack and laughing about it.
    They were fired.

Originally posted by Freckles
    Two local DJs were playing the awful-to-listen-to soundtrack and laughing about it.
    They were fired.
    That made me absolutely sick

I wish they didn't think they had to be so obnoxious and stupid to get ratings or whatever
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by Freckles
    They were fired.
    I don't think I know about this. Could someone PM me and tell me what happened?
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Nevermind, I looked it up on google.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!